Anyone get light headed and shaky?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EsmeWeatherwax
    on

Hi
    I’ve been easing into the BSD for a few days, and today is my first full day. I’ve just had my evening meal, for about an hour before that I felt light headed and shaky, and since eating I still feel a bit wobbly.
    Is this normal?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As long as you are not diabetic (doesnt say so on your profile) then the answer is YES it is normal. It is your body craving carbs, that is why carbs make you fat because they are addictive. Do a search at the top of the page of Carb Flu. You might feel rotton for a few days but stick with it , it will pass once you get the carbs out of your system.

on

Thanks, no I’m not diabetic or prediabetic. I admit I’m feeling a bit rough, never done low carb before.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I did feel like that for a few days near the start. It didn’t last long. You might find that a warm drink, such as a herbal or fruit tea, or hot water with a slice of lemon helps.
    I think it might be low blood sugar – our bodies have got used to an easy supply of fuel from refined carbs and it takes a few days to get used to burning up our excess fat instead.

• posted by freester
    on

I didn’t have some of the symptoms like ‘carb flu’ I hear mentioned but I did have a light headed period – probably about a week a few weeks into my 800 cal phase.

on

I’m feeling a bit better, my mind is still a little foggy but the light headedness and shakiness is a bit less now. I’m noticing I’m sweating a bit more, which I’ve read is part of carb flu, so hopefully that will settle in a few days. I’ve been binging the carbs since about October, so a reaction shouldn’t be a surprise!

Please log in or register to post a reply.