Any vegans starting a bsd this January 2017

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by drbalbiarkaursahota@gmail.com
    on

Started the bsd 800 today 09/01/17 but I am a vegetarian so it may be tough going ?!
    Any vegetarians out there starting the bsd this January ?
    I would love to have some easy quick recipes or ready made options to kick-start my bsd…

• posted by happyvegan
    on

Hi

It is great that so many vegans are joining up.

I’m a vegan and in my first week of the BSD 800. It is hard as a vegan and I have found there is a lot to read and adjustments to make but this forum has lots of good advice.

I would advise you to do a search for “vegan” in the search box on this site and you will find loads of information. Members are sharing their experiences, tips, recipes and much more.

Personally it was hard to adjust my eating to the ratios but I have managed it. Many people are using an app to help. I can’t imagine how you could measure cals, carbs, fat and protein otherwise. I use myfitnesspal which is free and you can set your own goals even on the free version.

Also on myfitnesspal some very kind person has entered all the BSD recipes which you can find by entering BSD in the food database section.

Good luck and welcome.

• posted by Plant Powered Poll
    on

Morning- I’m starting today! Have low carbed before but hoping this is going to be less painful. It certainly worked…

• posted by Treehugger
    on

Hi! I’ve been vegan 3 years and been following bsd since new year; have lost 11lb in less than 6 weeks, with no calorie counting and no cravings. so happy with this lifestyle and keen to meet others following a similar route to share recipes and ups and downs

• posted by Treehugger
    on

The best thing has been eating nuts, avocados, olives, oil, coconut cream, sundries tomatoes, full fat hummus – all things I’ve loved and sacrificed on every diet of my life. I feel like I’ve spent 15 years struggling on a high carb low fat diet, and I had it wrong all along. I’m still on a vegan slimming world group and I feel like trying to convert them all but then I’ll get thrown off it and it’s a nice group so I won’t 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.