Any non egg eaters doing the BSD Fast 800?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mishkalala
    on

Hi all,

I am about to start on the BSD Fast 800 however I don’t eat eggs…..I wish I did – such an amazing protein filled l=convenient food, however I don’t. Any suggestions on substitutes for the meals with eggs?

Any suggestions warmly welcomed.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Mishkalala
    You poor thing, I love eggs, and have been eating even more of them recently!

I haven’t used the book’s recipes at all really, just worked with ingredients that are within BSD criteria – predominantly low carb veg with meat/fish/cheese/(& eggs for me) – so you could follow that approach, I’ve found it fairly simple.
    Despite a couple of holidays, birthday, odd glass of wine and the very occasional non BSD brownie, I’ve lost 9k in seven weeks, have hugely improved blood results and dropped two dress sizes.

Good luck, hope that the diet works well for you

• posted by Mishkalala
    on

Thanks Frog, I mostly follow this kind of diet in my every day – just hoping that a bit more structure and reducing calorie intake to 800 will help me to shed a couple stubborn kilo’s that have crept up on me over the last couple of years. Enjoying too many beers and larger portions (even if they are mostly healthy). I am less than 3 months out from my wedding and wanting to be the healthiest version of myself on my big day.

Thanks for your reply – I will keep a food diet and plan on contributing to recipes on here too.

All the best for your healthy BSD adventure

• posted by Timmy
    on

I don’t know what I’d do without eggs. They are a staple of my diet. I’ve got 3 chickens in the garden which is even better ’cause it means my eggs are even more awesome!

As frog says, lean meat and fish are your best bets.

I’ve got to ask, do you not eat eggs out of choice or do you not like them/alergic to them?

• posted by Frog
    on

wow Timmy, your own eggs, that’s brilliant
    I occasionally rent a cottage on a farm, and always come home laden with as many eggs as I can feasibly get through while they’re still fresh.

Apologies Mishkalala – we’ve hijacked your “non egg eaters” thread with aren’t eggs brilliant!

• posted by Izzy
    on

I blame Timmy!

I think we should rename him…

Troublesome Timmy (TT for short)

As for alternatives to eggs I can’t really think of any direct replacements, but agree with the others just make yourself a plan based on what you do like however reach out and try a few new things if you can. I never used to eat much courgette but I’ve discovered I LOVE courgetti.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi Mishkalala

Eggs are great,( wish I had my own chickens Timmy. ) but cheese and beans are also good, especially chick peas or whatever you call them where you are, garbanzos? All meat and chicken and fish of course. There is one very inspirational poster Happy Life who eats fish every day – my ex-English husband would be very happy with that!

Seeds and nuts in small quantities are also good

Good luck – I am on day 10 and am quite pleased with myself so far as I am a lousy dieter

Ruth

• posted by Mishkalala
    on

Thanks all – I have never been able to stomach eggs despite trying many times over my 34 years on this planet. I would love to be able to eat eggs but alas I cannot and have come to the conclusion that I just have to listen to my body and move on.

Thanks for all your suggestions – although yes it has turned in to an egg loving post haha. I will just stick with what I have been doing all these years and swap out for other protein rich foods instead. Guess there just aren’t too many non-egg lovers out there 🙂

Cheers to you all and all the very best on your BSD.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    I am on day eight and haven’t eaten one egg, I like them they just haven’t been on the menu, and I have lost 8 lbs, so don’t worry, just weigh what you eat count cals and carbs and its a breeze, I’m trying to convince myself of that, that’s why I keep saying it. Hehe keep up the good work, we will all do it together.
    Regards jan

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi
    No food stuff is mandatory on the BSD, try to tailor your menu to suit you tastes and just concern yourself with the calories and carbs. As long as you do that, you will see positive results.
    Keep us posted.

Please log in or register to post a reply.