And so the journey begins

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by suzytagain
    on

I was at a reading by Ian Rankin (author) the other day and he looked wonderful, compared to how he looked the last time I saw him, when he was overweight and looked pretty haggard. My mate said – oh, he did the blood sugar diet. So here I find myself. I am ready to shed my excess weight. I have for about the last 14 years lost the same stone about 40 times – sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less – but ultimately, I have pivoted around a place which is about 100lbs too heavy. I know it is time to do something about it. Last week, for November, I signed up for a weight loss challenge month where the eating plan is very similar to this way of eating but not nearly as strict. I am going to start this programme committing to follow the 800 calories a day programme until 1st December and then I will review.

I want to feel good now, but also I want to live a long active and healthy life and at this weight, that would not be possible.

So, if anyone is starting around now, I would love the company.

S

• posted by Avila
    on

Welcome aboard – lots of encouraging stories here, I think there is a thread for those starting this week you can join with.

We are a varied gang from those on the long haul, those on first steps, those stuck on plateaus, and those who wander from the path yet keep turning back.

Please log in or register to post a reply.