Am I eating enough

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wadsleyparkowl
    on

Hi folks, I’ve been on the BSD for just over four weeks, in fact I’m entering my 5th week on Monday. I’m not diabetic & I weighed 15 stone 7lbs when I began. I’ve lost 16 lbs so I’m happy. however, i’ve noticed that the weight loss has slowed down dramatically & I’m not going to the toilet as often as I used to. I was ” as regular as clockwork” yet now i’m going at best twice a week, which got me thinking am I eating enough?That may seem a silly question as I’m still following the 800 calories a day guide.

I’m now losing a pound a week so I’m still losing which is fine, but the toilet business is worrying my slightly.

Has anyone else experienced the same or similar?

• posted by topcac
    on

Yes – near enough everyone. You are eating plenty but what you are not doing is eating what you were eating, quantity wise, plus your body can use a hell of a lot more than it could so is not finding the need to ‘waste’ quite so regularly (to put it delicately). do you feel bloated, uncomfortable? If not it’s probably fine and you’re not going as much because there isn’t as much to ‘remove’.

It’s not a surprise that things have slowed down slightly but on the other hand it may be a lack of fibre that’s causing some of the issue. One thing you should probably look at first is your water intake. If you are not hitting at least 2 litres a day this may slow things down. If it’s fibre then some people use chia seeds or physillium (?) husks to help move things along but I can’t talk from personal experience as I’ve not really encountered this issue. However, I don’t go every day either!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

try adding a sprinkle (1 teaspoon) on food or in drinks. It is very good for getting you going. Also, I use an old fashioned method of drinking a couple of teaspoons of Andrews Liver Salts in a glass of water.

Please log in or register to post a reply.