Am I eating enough during none fasting days?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by clarkjohnken
    on

Hi guys and gals. So I’m a type 1 diabetic and started my diet last Monday, fasted Monday and Tuesday and felt fine, reducing insulin accordingly. But on my non fast days, I’m not hungry and am eating under 1500 calories. Will this be counter active to my weight loss? Should I be eating around 2000 calories on these day to ensure the diet works properly?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hello Clarkjohnken, please take this comment seriously — this diet is absolutely NOT for Type 1 diabetics.
    Type 1 is not treated the same way as Type 2 and reducing your insulin is flirting with disaster/death.
    Please contact your primary care doctor for further information but don’t, please please, don’t reduce your insulin.
    Type 1 diabetics don’t produce insulin, so you NEED to take adequate insulin every day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.