almost recovered; not hungry then starving

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tatie
    on

I did pretty well for about 3 weeks then wanted some variety so I ate a bag of mixed nuts (few raisins in there but I picked most of them out; “Raw Trail” like name, from Trader Joe’s.

Then I came down with what I thought was a cold, clogged head & sinuses; heavy coughing trying to go into my lungs. Then it was pain in lower gut. I used to have IBS gut attacks, you just have to wait them out, until the pain flows all the way down the Mississippi. Here’s a description: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20360016 It’s getting weaker every day, but I still have some pain. Nobody knows the cause and how to fix it, a lot of speculation; peppermint oil seems to relieve. Reading up on IBS, I also read up on lycopene and started eating tomato paste this week, tho’ it’s kind of carby. Also have been eating lentils and 12 gr protein tortillas.

I have the frigo full of greens, peppers, cucumbers, chicken and on the side canned sardines for when I re-dive in. Still looking for a good sardine recipe.

Suffering but joyfully recovering,
    Tatie

until

Please log in or register to post a reply.