(Almost) 3 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sugar sugar
    on

This Thursday I will be rolling into my 3rd week.
    I’m doing this solo, but encouragement is all around me. I’m down 1 pants size in my uniform at work. I was wondering when anyone would start noticing! All of a sudden everyone was coming up to me, telling me how great I was doing. I had only told a select few that I was attempting this, and the rumor finally spread. Lol.
    I haven’t been losing much tummy fat, which is a little frustrating to me . Im losing more around my hips, back, butt, and unfortunately my breasts. 😐. But I am losing inches, more then weight.which is nice.
    Going super great with the cravings. I just stay focused on why I am doing this. My sugar levels are really great. Even fasting has come down to 150’s.. (from high200’s ).
    I’ve been reading back and realized I am definitely suffering from the angry carb loss syndrom. Lol. Hope I’m easy to put up with now that I am aware….
    Going to a baseball game tonight and all ready thinking about french fries. Maybe just 3…. (which I am capable of doing) but I would hate to lose my 3 week streak of not cheating….
    Hope everyone is doing great ! Keep up the good work all!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi there, you should be getting to the part where you stop craving if you have increased the number of healthy fats and oils if you are drinking plenty and not eating more than about 30 gms of carbs daily. So it’s downhill from here and then climbing real hills gets easier too. Keep going and Good Luck for now…

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I don’t think it says anywhere in the book that as part of the diet you have to eat less than 30g of carbs daily. Lot of people here seem to keep below 50gs and some probably chose lower than that for various reasons but I didn’t think its one of the main principles? Anyway, just to say that as I think that could make people discouraged or feel they aren’t doing it right if not below 30gs when that’s just a choice that is there if you wanted to.

I find it great to eat as many vegetables as I can fit in the calories, along with the fats and protein, and I definitely would struggle if had to limit even non starchy vegetables too! So far I’m keeping to below 50g and seems to be working.

Good on you Sugar Sugar – sounds like you’re well on your way.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations, Sugar Sugar – great stuff!

Don’t think anyone is really suggesting that the BSD doesn’t work if you focus on restricting carbs to under 30g per day – it’s just one of the things you can look at. And certainly not wanting to suggest that you’re wrong if not under 30g.

From experience I know that under 30g is quite a task, but that just being aware that some of the good vegetables are quite carby was really helpful to me. It is important to get more calories from fats, which is not necessarily what everyone is used to.

Early on, I made myself a red cabbage salad – which was delicious, especially with the pumpkin seeds etc I added – but it was really surprising to me to learn actually how many carbs it contained, and I would have been a bit more restrictive in hindsight with the portions I served myself!

BTW Sugar Sugar, just be aware that the fat you burn first is all the dangerous stuff round your liver and pancreas, the visceral fat. The subcutaneous fat, which you can see, goes next. So focus on the inches you’re losing, and don’t get too hung up on the weight, it will go in the end! Although someone said to me that the last subcutaneous fat to go is the bit under your navel……the ‘belly wodge’. I am still monitoring mine daily, not sure if it’s shrinking yet……..

Please log in or register to post a reply.