All over….or is it ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jillyB
    on

I have finished my 8 weeks. The first few days I was ravenous and cranky and even THINKING about EIGHT weeks was too much to bare . It seemed so far away. After about 3-4 weeks I started forgetting about the time and just got over it and got on with my life. I never thought this would happen. The meals got easier to plan and make, and I stopped stressing over them. Well, now I have finished I just decided to continue for a while !! I really can’t believe it !! I decided to just continue without deadlines, keep going until I really felt it was time. I was curious to know how I would go if I added one thing that I had missed. Now, I thought it would be bread as I am a breadoholic and found it hard not having any bread or toast, it has always been my downfall. Much to my amazement, I chose to have my usual ….pre diet, sauvignon blanc 1 glass a day. I love NZ sauvignon blanc …best in the world ….no, I am not a New Zealander, an Aussie true blue. My other tipple is an Italian prosecco….not at the same time ! So this week I started having a glass at night, how good it was…..but then I developed a lousy cold and couldn’t enjoy it ! Divine intervention ??? However, that’s my tale to date. Still can’t believe I am still wanting to continue this diet, but I look so much better and I am so close to being at my desired weight that it seemed silly to stop. A couple of years ago I went on The Blood Solution Diet by Dr Mark Hyman, lost the same weight as now but it was for 6 weeks not 8, it was harder though. After, I was pretty stupid and continued eating in the old way and put it all on again. So I decided this was my last hurrah and if it didn’t work I would finally accept my body. But, as long as I keep my head right….I have done it !! All your posts have been very supportive making me realise that others share the same problems and that is really what it’s all about, isn’t it ? helping each other.
    Love to you all, jillyB

• posted by Izzy
    on

Well done JillyB and good luck with the next few weeks I’m sure you will get to your target 🙂

I think most of us will be lifetime BSD converts and continue with the mediterranean guidance longterm. I know that is my intention anyway. I’ll be on the 800 for a lot longer than 8 weeks I suspect! I’m just finishing up week 6 and like you’ve said the time no longer feels like an issue. The food is great and I feel changed 🙂

This website is fantastic for support!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Congratulations! I weaned myself of the 800 after 10 weeks or so after reaching my main target. Part of the challenge is learning to prepare healthy meals of the right size without having to measure stuff. Some people do not get that if you do not change the way you eat and how much of what etc then the loss will not be permanent. I wonder how those on shakes substitute for food will get on. I am in week 16 now and on a rough 5:2 but continued losing a small amount of weight until I re-introduced some nuts and raisins and oranges with the occasional beer, wine and more red meat. It is true that I am a convert and want to promote this Mosley style diet but I have the good fortune not to have been diabetic. Maintaining the longest fast is probably the thing that I wish I did not have to do but if I eat more carbs one day or have a drink I notice that hunger reappears where it did not on the 800/day. Overall a brilliant success for us, Thanks again Dr M.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

That’s such a great post jillyB. The benefits of the BSD far outweigh the massive commitment and early struggles. Notice how we’ve all developed more determination since those hard early days.
    Well done.

• posted by Brett and Lynne
    on

Thanks for the post jillyB. Congratulations for reaching the 8 week mark. Brett and I are into our 6th week. Yes, I too appreciate a NZ white wine but Australia still makes great reds. Into the diet a couple of weeks and Brett bought home a nice bottle of red. My reply to that was “I haven’t had a craving at all so why start now”….and I still haven’t. Wow, Skywalker week 16, good for you! Yes, I agree. Eating carbs makes you want more carbs and drinking wine makes you want to eat carbs. Vicious circle. We have always eaten quite healthy but the BSD has taught us we were eating far too much. Last night we enjoyed pork with pepper sauce. The sauce had a tiny bit of cream in it but it showed us we can enjoy good food even by having less of it. Usually our plate would have been swimming in sauce however now it just covers the meat. It is like our taste buds have woken up! It is such a cliché but ‘Everything in moderation’ is so true.

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Well done JillyB. Like you, I was so hungry the first few days but things have settled down now and I’m at the start of week 3. I find I come home and eat dinner really early but I guess that extends the overnight fast so I am just going with it. I like a drop of red wine but haven’t fit it in my 800 cal days yet. Today I did have a bit of dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter though. Delicious! It was more calories than my stir fry but worth it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.