After 8 weeks ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Suluro
    on

I started out at the end of September, I have a lot of weight to lose at least six and a half stones, I lost 11 pounds in the first week and 5 pounds in the second week. I was just wondering if it’s Ok to keep 800 calories per day after the first block of 8 weeks. I like the idea of 8 week blocks rather than thinking in terms of months, it feels more achievable. What have you done if you have a lot to lose. I am very happy on 800 calories per day , I don’t feel deprived as I love all the lovely recipes. Its so great to belong to this forum, so encouraging and inspiring!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Suluro

I started the BSD 800 calories, low carbs, on 19th December with at least 6.5 stone to lose, like you. At the end of the first 8 weeks I decided to continue. And after the second eight weeks. Etc. And I reached (and passed) my first target of 9st 7lb after 38 weeks, weighing in at 9.6 on 10th September.

Like you I have been happy on the 800 calories a day. And very low carb.

Since then I have lost more weight, while trying to increase calories, protein and fat. Still watching the carbs though.

Well done on your results so far and beat wishes for your BSD journey.

• posted by Suluro
    on

Thanks captainlynne, yours is certainly an inspiring story and congratulations for reaching your target weight. I really feel BSD is the answer for me, no longer having ‘brain fog’ which has happened on diets in the past. I can cope with a bit of stomach hunger and having such lovely food to look forward to keeps me from reaching for snacks. The key for me is also planning what I am going to eat either the night before or the morning so I am never caught out.Thanks for answering my question.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Suluro! Wonderful job on your first eight weeks!! It was so fun to see that day come, I’m sure you are feeling very accomplished! I started early March and did about 3 eight week stints with a couple of weeks off in between. I found that I started to really lose in my second eight week stint — maybe I got better at following the diet or maybe my resistant fat globules finally gave up and packed their bags but the weight came off faster and easier as I continued. Now I am at goal and easily and happily maintaining on low carb with one to two days of 800 calories per week. I can eat quite a bit as long as I long as I am careful with carbs so I am not hungry except at mealtime. I can even have a little pizza and a beer now and then as long as I follow up with a low calorie day. And my taste buds seem transformed — I just grabbed some kale salad with lemon dressing and about 6 dried, sweetened cranberries in it (I didn’t see them when I was getting my salad from the salad bar) and one bite was so sweet (one cranberry for heaven’s sake) that I put it aside for “dessert” after I had finished my chicken! Me, sugar queen, eating kale salad for dessert! That’s what all those months on the BSD have done for me!😜 so, keep going!! It only gets better.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Congrats to all of you for making it through the 800 calorie BSD 8 weeks, or 8×2 or 8×3! So impressive and inspiring.

• posted by Suluro
    on

So sorry I haven’t replied to your great reply ( I couldn’t find my thread and have only just gone into my profile and realised there is a topic started link -duh) Congratulations on reaching your goal and thanks for your insight to how you maintain .Thanks for your encouragement, this forum really makes a difference.

Please log in or register to post a reply.