Advice

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

I am about to start the BSD and a very fussy eater, just wondering what to have to kick start the day, was thinking of yogurt but not sure what is the best type, any suggestions – I know they suggest eggs, but not sure I could just eat this on it’s own.

Would appreciate your advice fellow dieters.

Mags

• posted by Frog
    on

Yoghurt – anything plain and full fat – add berries or other fruit yourself.
    Fage Greek Yoghurt is apparently lower in carbs than other brands- I have some in the fridge now, but most supermarket have own brand stuff.

I have low sugar baked beans with egg in the morning – I find the branston ones taste better than ordinary ones, and I mix them with cannelini or haricot beans to bring down the carb count. Something I wouldn’t eat normally, but my toast replacement.

Bacon or smoked salmon are good, I also make a frittata/omelette thing with spiralised courgette – the courgette bulks it out, so it’s quite substantial, where a one egg omelette would look stingily unappetising.
    At the weekend I had poached egg with asparagus and smoked salmon and a spoon of cottage cheese – delicious!

• posted by Sarahdawn
    on

Hi Mags- I am anout to start (tomorrow- Wed 9th), and have been shopping / planning too. When will you officially ‘start’? Maybe we will be starting on the same day?

I have just bought tons of yogurt: plain sheep yogurt, organic, from waitrose ( i don’t like cows yogurt) some plain Alpro yogurt- low carbs, but has a little sugar in it, and soya yogurt completely plain and very low carb from my local health food shop. None of which were very expensive. I plan to have with berries, flaxseeds or nuts each day. Boilled eggs with smoked salmon is a good brekkie too- Lidl do smoked salmon without sugar. I take my brekkie to work and so will aim to have it later an ‘break-fast’ about 10/11am to prolong the overnight fast.

Also, further to frogs comments the BEST baked beans in my opinion are Earthfoods bran- no sugar at all, just sweeetened with fruit juice. Holland and Barratt sell, as do Waitrose – and they are cheaper there. Even a ring pull can for on the go!!

SarahDawn

• posted by Patsy
    on

Any plain yoghurt which isn’t fat free is fine (sometimes it’s hard to find full fat) Just don’t buy any sweetened ones – all the flavoured ones seem to contain sugar, sweeteners or both.

I really like it with passion fruit or pear and coconut shreds, strawberries (with or without blueberries) or apple and almonds. You can add any berries, nuts or seed combinations you like though. It’s just as quick to make as a bowl of cereals and much healthier.

Poached eggs on a slice if smoked salmon is also good (if you like smoked salmon).

• posted by JCH187
    on

You could also try the continental breakfast of meat and cheese as an alternative.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

Thanks everyone for the good advice reference Yogurt, Sarah Dawn – I plan to start the plan next Tuesday as still need to get my head around it all and lots planned until then, need to start as I go on.

Onwards and upwards, a little scared I am going to be hungry but lots of motivation from others to keep me going.

All keep up the good work 🙂

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

JCH187 – When you mention continental breakfast what does this normally consist of ?

• posted by Frog
    on

Yoghurt with apple and lots of cinnamon is amazing

• posted by Frog
    on

I looked at the beans Sarahdawn – online rather than in a store, more calories and carbs than the Branston ones, but I might try them if I see them – my local waitrose is very small.

Please log in or register to post a reply.