Advice and help please on restarting!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Hi everyone,

I want to restart the BSD as I have gained some weight being ill recently. I have been on the plan for a few days now and no loss at all…

Am feeling really demotivated and tearful as I have heard that low carb plans dont work a second time around? Is that right – has anyone experienced this? I had have a few weeks off plan and over eating due to being ill and now I have returned to it the weight just isnt moving and im panicking!

Any advice appreciated. xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, well I’m no expert, but I really can’t see why a low carb eating plan wouldn’t work for weight loss again. Are you keeping to all the BSD rules? Are you drinking enough to ensure good hydration; including plenty of fats and keeping a check on calorie and carb intake?

I started the Fast 800 in Feb’16 and took two long breaks on ‘maintenance’ along the way, gaining a couple of pounds each time, before returning to the full on Fast 800. Weight loss has happened as long as I have been strictly on the 800, watching the calories and carbs and I’m now 2st 1.2lb lighter than I was at the start – 0.8lb from ultimate target.

I’m sure you can make the BSD work for you again, so try not to be downhearted. Weigh, measure and record everything you consume – and yourself of course – and I’m sure you will soon be seeing positive results again.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thank you for your advice – ive really talked myself into thinking that your body remembers when you dramatically decrease calories and holds onto weight and water?

Also – I have had flu symptoms since restarting – is that normal? Will I come through the other side of all this soon?…

Thanks for reading xx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Angelsand — I just posted a reply on almost exactly this topic on the “Second times the charm” thread (if you want to see) — and my experience is that your body DOES remember low carbing and losing weight and…..IT WANTS MORE!!! It is desperate to go back to no sugar and lower calories and it will reward you with happiness and rude health.
    So just start up again, perfectly or imperfectly, and just keep going!! Any “bad” days just write off and start again the very next day.
    My only BSD rule is “don’t quit”!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    I lost just over 3 st with this plan last summer and through laziness moving and life put 2/3 of it back on restarted 4 days ago and yep loosing again not as fast as before but I’m sure feeling wonderful now after feeling rubbish for months
    I decided I needed the anti flamattory benifits that this plan gives you. To carry on eating the way I was would have been death by fructose ( refined sugar toxic but is in all naughty foods) so yep get back on the BSD bus its great win win nothing to loose but ill health and excess weight ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you have a touch of ‘carb ‘flu,’ Angelsand – your body protesting the withdrawal of carbs. Stick with it and you will soon come through that and start to feel much better, with increased energy and more vitality.

Hope you will soon be able to report positive results.

Please log in or register to post a reply.