About how many grams of carbs is Fast 800 a day?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Speedy
    on

I was wondering if anyone could tell me this?
    I’m trying to plan and understand very fully before I start. To often I’ve lost weigh then put it back on again. I have a lot of weigh to lose but I’m concerned not to make my existing gall stones worse and also not trigger more kidney stones – I’ve read that very low carbs are suspect of that – though how it works if you drink a lot I’m not sure. Thanks for any input.

• posted by PescoVeggieDownUnder
    on

Hi Speedy,

I don’t believe the book spells out how many grams of carbs a day on average the diet includes. However, very low carb ketogenic diet’s have less than 10% of calories from carbs or less than 50-80 grams a day which promotes ketosis. One week into the diet, and cooking all the recipes, I would say these figures are fairly spot on. Have you consulted your doctor about the diet and whether it will help or hinder your medical issues?

Regards.

• posted by Speedy
    on

HI PVDU, Thanks, that’s useful. I tend not to follow recipes – or eat much more than 1 portion! ๐Ÿ™‚ soprefer to use MyFitnessPal etc to count what I’m eating.
    Although my GP is good, in questions of nutrition I suspect he and even the dietitian I go to sometimes, are out of date about these fairly recent developments. GP once gave me the old info, 1lb per week at most and just cut down on everything.
    What causes kidney stones is not always clear anyway and the best thing you can do is drink loads of water. But there is some research that might indicate, in some circumstances, low carb MIGHT increase the risk. As for gall stones, low fat is seen as best way to avoid attacks – mine are pretty silent.
    We saw on one of the BBC programmes recently that individuals react differently to different foods so it’s hard to really know I think. x

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Speedy
    That sounds like a difficult one- you can’t really be low carb and low fat at the same time.
    If you have a look at the thread ‘useful links’ there may be something there to help you. ( scroll to top, press Fast 800, see a list of threads- just in case you don’t know!)

• posted by Speedy
    on

Thanks pmsrink, I didn’t know that.
    I’m hoping I can devise a way through that is low fat and low refined carb enough, if that makes sense. x

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hi Speedy – I have been working on around the same as pmshrink says, between 50-80g a day. I find anything below this makes me feel really funny! I have also kept my fat intake to around 40g-50g a day. Supplementing with olive oil here and there for energy. It’s worked really well so far & I don’t feel hungry at all xx

• posted by Speedy
    on

That’s really interesting Lolo, thanks. The olive oil thougt is good too after seeing Dr. M’s Trust Me programme about a spoonful of uncooked olive oil a day is so good for your heart. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lolo
    on

No worries – let us know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.