Aaaaargh! Pre menstrual weight gain

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mummytummy
    on

Hey All, (well ladies mostly!)

I lost 7 lbs in week one and was amazed!
    This week, I have been Super strict after gaining 3lbs as a result of a weekend reunion with old friends and too much wine in week 2 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜, but on weighing myself, at week 3, I have stayed the same. My trousers are a lot looser in the thigh and I was looking forward to yet more weight loss, so I was very upset when the scales didn’t budge!! I am premenstrual though, and I usually feel that I retain fluid at this time every month. So ladies, help! Can you relate to this? Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sounds like you have answered your own question MT. We all have fluctuations due to hormones so if this is a pattern you are familiar with, it may well continue for you. Or the lack of carbs in the long term may even improve things on that front. You will see from the other threads here that plateaus are quite common on this program, as is inch loss with apparently no weight loss. You are getting inch loss so you are going in the right direction. Keep going and your weight loss will soon catch up.

• posted by Mummytummy
    on

Thanks Janet. I think I need to be a bit more patient…..it’s only week 3….! ๐Ÿ‘

Please log in or register to post a reply.