A question about tea…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Hi all, due to start this W.O.E in earnest on 9th May but am already conscious of my carb intake and trying to reduce it before D day. As a previous 5:2 participant I know the importance of keeping fluid intake up but I need guidance on how much (builder’s) tea I can drink during the day. There are many mentions of ‘fruit’ teas (yuck) or coffee with a splash of milk but nothing on tea at all. Am I ok to drink it (in moderation) as before?

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Janeycoughdrop – I have continued with tea and coffee. I take coffee black – 3-4 cups a day and the occasional late (full fat milk now). Milky tea or coffee – measure an amount of milk into a milk jug and use that during the day in your tea or coffee – add that milk to your daily counts. I do like herb teas – Rooibos and also ginger and lemon so I have them in the afternoons and evening.
    Good luck getting started.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’m drinking lots of tea (with milk). I just couldn’t drink enough if I stuck to only water and as most other drinks are either high sugar or have sweeteners, tea seems the best alternative to me.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Thanks for your guidance so far. I’ll measure out milk as suggested and make it last through the day so I’m sure of calories!

Please log in or register to post a reply.