A new year a new me?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Spaggy
    on

Hi everyone. I have decided that today is the day for me. I turned 50 at then end of November and basically pigged out for the whole of December. I now weigh the heaviest I’ve ever been and look nasty in the mirror. My waist has disappeared and I am ashamed of myself. I also have two teenage daughters that I really should be setting a better example to. So, here I go. I’ve bought the book. I have an online food shop arriving this afternoon full of healthy goodies I just hope I don’t give up ( I am an emotional eater) ,
    If anyone fancies being a slimming buddy with me I’ll be eternally grateful and I llok forward to a healthier 2019 for us all

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Spaggy and welcome! Maybe someone will be along soon to be your buddy. You can also join a couple of threads that we have set up for newcomers as well as older hands – the One Week at a Time thread, and Kazzee’s road trip. You will find them under “all recent topics”.

You have come to the right place for a way of life that works, delivers weight loss without hunger, and makes you feel a million dollars, without costing anything. What’s not to like? I arrived here after trying WW, SW, and all sorts, having been overweight since my teens. Not at my heaviest, but fast approaching it. 5 months later, I weighed 3 stone less, was well within my healthy BMI, and at my lowest weight for 30+ years. I am now maintaining.

You can do it too. Some times people need to reach a low point in order to fire up. It sounds as if you are there, so time to roll up the sleeves and show yourself what you are made of! There is lots of good advice and friendly support on this site, and quite a few newcomers who will be happy to share their experiences too. So good luck as you start your journey. Take lots of measurements, and be kind to yourself with lots of healthy, filling, low-carb food! Maybe see you on the two threads I mentioned – one week at a time, and Kazzee’s road-trip.

• posted by 8WeeksOf800
    on

Hi
    I will buddy you up.
    I started the BSD 8 days ago after having been told I was pre-diabetic. So far I have lost 3 kg. I exercise regularly – run 3 times a week and swim every other day. I face the challenge of keeping on the straight and narrow when I am on the road for work. Happy to encourage you to keep with it!

C

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi healthhelp. I have looked at this site and it is a completely different diet and exercise plan so nothing to do with the BSD way of life. If you think it would help then go ahead and try it but it is not for the people on this site.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Looks like healthhelp has gone. Must think we are a bit slow on here not to cotton on when someone is selling something.

Please log in or register to post a reply.