A HUGE thank you to Dr MM and Prof Taylor

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

– and everyone involved in the research that has resulted in this diet changing my life around. From 85kg and feeling tired and unhealthy all the time (although not diabetic) to 67kg and feeling well and confident in five months. Couldn’t have done it without the books and the continuing advice and support from everyone on these forums. I hope all of you have a good Christmas and a happy and healthy 2017.

And as for my old blue jeans – well I can get them past my thighs, the button does up and I can do the zip up without lying on the bed. They’re still a bit tight which was slightly annoying until I looked at the label again and saw they were a size 12!

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

So pleased you have commenced this thread oldbluejeans. Seasons greetings and heartfelt thanks to these two men and all participating in research and publication of this life changing eating plan. Funding this site is key to our successes and better health through sharing.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

More thanks and greetings for Dr M and Prof Taylor, also the teams they work with and the moderators on these forums. Not forgetting everyone who posts on the forums. Together we can show the medical establishment that this way of eating is a non-invasive way to help diabetics reverse their diabetes or, at the very least, reduce their medication. Think of what we’re saving the NHS!

Without you I would still be obese, unhealthy and diabetic. Probably on Metformin. But one year on from starting the BSD I’m over 7 stone lighter, down 7 dress sizes, feeling great, blood sugar normal, more energy and better concentration.

Many thanks. Happy Christmas and a fantastic 2017 to one and all.

Oh – oldbluejeans – I realised last night that I don’t need to undo my jeans to take them off. Could be embarrassing ๐Ÿ˜ฑ LOL

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,

So here is my oscar speech.
    I would like to thank everyone that made any type of comment to Lucia. Those who read my blog from spring to today.

I would like to thank myself, for finding the will power and energy to actually lift my blubber off the settee that first day and get moving. Read my blog from the beginning when I couldn’t walk, climb the stairs etc, to today where I cycle, go the gym, do wii in the house and I am happier, healthier and energetic.
    You helped me to love myself again and not be ashamed and hide away from life, wasting away sitting on the settee just watching the telly.

I am human, I have had a cold, with a wonderful red nose. But. I got over it quicker. Bsd made me healthier.

Finally, and most importantly to the two wise men bearing a gift of knowledge in their website and books. They gave me the tools to do all the above and more.

If it is appropriate, may I wish everyone a merry Christmas, a happy holiday, and a peaceful healthier 2017.

And a footnote, I promised to wear a size 12 this Christmas, an impossible task from a size 24-26.
    I am giving a large donation to a charity, of the money I saved not paying WW or SW each week and ยฃ1 for every pound I have lost. It was worth it.

Michael, I am sending you a big cuddly bear hug from your number one fan.
    Oh also thanks to the daily mail for running the article, that’s how I found bsd and Micheal.

Love

Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey Lucia

Great to hear from you and many congratulations you have done brilliantly.

I’m glad you posted only yesterday I was thinking of you and how much you inspired me on this journey and made me laugh with your wonderfully quirky posts. I am still metaphorical sitting upstairs on that bus causing all sorts of mayhem with you!

Happy happy Christmas to you

Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi angie babe,
    Yes still here,
    But
    I don’t spend my whole evenings reading the blog, I go out and DO something. The difference in me is HUGE.

Regarding the bus…. people used to walk past me as they couldn’t fit on their half of the seat as I overlapped it.
    Now I have people sharing the seat quite happily.

I love my bus drivers, they comment on what stop I get on the bus. I walk further and further to get my 10,000 steps or more, to different bus stops. One even apologised first then gave me a wolf whistle! I thanked him for the apology and the whistle. I know he meant it as a compliment.

Also, I love to just head off in a direction and walk and walk and walk. I stop when I am tired. Then I jump the bus back.

But things aren’t always perfect for me.
    Still having problems with yoga. Hubby occasionally has to untangle me when I get stuck.๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    But
    At least I can see my toes, and touch my toes. My toes were unloved for many years, now I smile at them as I bend at the waist and put my fingers under my toes.
    I couldn’t do that with all my blubber. Now I can.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx
    Ps. I am going to start singing jingle bells next week on the bus, and see how many people join in.๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜€ but don’t tell none. X

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Ha this will make you smile – hubs is so proud of how I’ve done but can be dozy- this week I was telling him I’d lost 80 pounds – he was so concerned he thought my purse had been stolen! Wakes wakey is what I say.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Huge applause Lucia! So what is the Oscar for – the title of Biggest Loser is probably trademarked, what about “most improved?”

• posted by Cary
    on

I have to say what a wonderful thread !

Thank you so much to Dr MM and Professor Taylor.

An approach that has worked wonders for me in reversing diabetes and weight control. In 8 weeks I feel 20 years younger and much much fitter with 18kg lost in the 8 weeks, and continuing successfully.
    Such a revelation too with lots of dietary myths dispelled !

Thanks also to the forum and users too, an invaluable resource ! Thank you all !!!!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Thanks to Dr MM and Prof Taylor from me too, and to all the people who post on here. You’ve been an inspiration to me. Angiebabe, that’s a great story. And really glad to hear from you too Lucia. Impossible to be gloomy after reading one of your posts. I’m looking forward to a healthy 2017. For a start, I won’t be making any new year’s diet resolutions, as I’m convinced I’m already on track with that, slowly but surely.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    The wonderful thing about this community is we don’t step on the scales. We don’t have someone saying to the group .. now how do you feel about putting in four pounds?

No one here gets presented with a greatest weight loss in a week, to me that’s just daft. That’s just encouraging the wrong attitude.

We don’t have to do exactly 800 calories, we can modify it, say, reduce carbs in one meal a day, then two meals a day etc. Then count the calories and reduce it by, say 100 calories every few days until you are at around 800 calories.

As we don’t know each other and don’t bmp into each other on the street, we can say what is in our hearts and minds. We can ask daft questions and feel ok ( look back in my blog on how I tried to measure a blob of yogurt until bill 1954 said, have the whole tub Lucia!)

It’s just the right thing. The level of everyone’s fitness varies, we are not in a spinning class trying to keep up by killing ourselves. We suggest to each other, hey, how about putting a chair at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom, so you can rest as you do each flight? We suggest walking and then sitting on walls, bus shelter seats etc.
    We suggest yoga but not with tight trousers on or you can do yourself a mischief.

I love this community, dare I say, it, I feel like putting the weight back on, just to experience it again. But I won’t. I will forever maintain my weight and health.

For those who read this and these blogs and haven’t had a try, please, please, please, try and change one thing, just one thing a day, a week a month, you can only improve yourself.

But, like all things, listen to your doctor, listen to your own body. When my body creaks or moans, I know I have got to my limit and ease back off.

Love
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

From being so overweight that I struggled to get in the bath, was out of breath going up stairs and had all sorts of aches and pains all the time, to today, only 3 pounds off my goal weight with 4 months to go until I want to be there, I did a circuit class at the local gym, followed by two sessions of badminton and am just pleasantly tired. So THANK YOU to the wonderful people who told me what I needed to do to completely change my life. Part of me still doesn’t quite believe it was that easy, why didn’t someone tell me this 25 years ago when my weight started getting out of hand.

• posted by Bissell
    on

What fantastic and encouraging posts from everyone. I was feeling a bit down today as I’ve put on a pound, but having read your posts I feel motivated again and realise I haven’t blown it. Every day it’s up to me to make the right decisions. And I will, so thank you all.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I relate to all already said on this thread! So grateful to my friend on Fast Dayforum who brought BsD to my attention. So thankful for all the marvellous changes in my life over the last 22 weeks! And many thanks to all the members here who share their ups and downs with us all,and who congratulate and commiserate as appropriate. Its lovely that here there’s no jealousy,unkindness or rivalry,just friendship and support xx

• posted by donnyman
    on

Prof Taylor’s research and Dr M’s book have given me hope that I might just get to see my baby grow up. I watched my mother and uncle die of sepsis after multiple amputations and don’t want her to see the same happen to me. I start week 8 on Monday having lost 18kg in 7 weeks and 33 in total. Hba1c has dropped from 89 to 59 in September and now 39 this week and for now at least I’m off all drugs.
    Thanks for giving me hope.

Please log in or register to post a reply.