A bit worried – advice please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

I’m non diabetic, lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and have found this new regime pretty easy to follow apart from the initial hiccups.

My concern is that my blood sugar fasting levels are rising from what was a very good level to a reading of 5.9 today. Still in normal range I know but not normal for me. I have read about the dawn effect which I get but googling this there is a lot of material about cortisol, the stress hormone, being pumped into the bloodstream when there isn’t enough glucose and long term this isn’t a good state for the body to be in. Does anyone else have experience of this, should I be concerned?

I only started taking BS readings in order to track progress on this diet, perhaps I shouldn’t have and remained in blissful ignorance.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi SOS
    take a look at the rising blood sugar levels thread.
    Quite a few of us have experienced this and it has been explained as stored sugar being released and nothing to worry about too much.
    Levels seem to stabilise again within a fortnight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.