800cals scary but absolutely achievable

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ragingbull
    on

ive been on this program for 7 weeks now and have experienced rapid weight loss lightheadedness weakness secret carb desires but above everything a desire to keep going and get back to the person i used to be.
    i do a 30 min cycle hiit first thing and a weight training session in the early evening
    at first i couldnt do anything much but by week 3 i became used to the new life
    2stone and 4lb lighter sleep better feel better
    i have now taken to walking up and down thw stairs 30 times hopefully getting up to 100 times in preparation for the fell walking in the Lakes.
    can anyone advise me if my plan is a good one
    8 weeks 800cals 2 weeks off and repeated another 3 times in order to get to 14 stone from 21 st by christmas or are there health issues

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Ragingbull,
    Well done on your progress so far, you are steaming ahead! I’m no expert but your plan sounds like a reasonable one on the face of it as you are giving your body a bit of breathing space in between bouts of concentrated effort. I think on your two weeks off you will still need to steer clear of the carbs, just be less strict with the calories. The lesson I am learning here is that we can never go back to our old carb laden ways. There are also lots of other low carb programmes you could look at that don’t involve such a low calorie count if you find the 800 is too low to use for a prolonged time, or maybe just simply raise it to something like 1000 calories by including more meat, veg and fats.

• posted by ragingbull
    on

thanks for that Janet
    i do intend to go to 1200 to 1400 for 2 weeks on the same med foods
    see the result of that after 2 weeks and take it from there

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sounds sensible to me. I wish you every success 😉

• posted by ragingbull
    on

how are you doing yourself? hope its positive

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Yes it is! Into week 5 now and I’ve lost 7 and a half pounds. I had a stone and a half to lose so I’m happy with my progress. I never imagined I could live without carbs – I had no favourites, I loved them all equally. But its been surprisingly easy. And I’ve really enjoyed being involved in the forums. I’ve learnt a lot and the people are great and quite funny sometimes

• posted by ragingbull
    on

thats great keep it going and you will get there

Please log in or register to post a reply.