800 calories – to space over the day or not

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JB
    on

Hi

I’m just about to start, does it make any difference if you space the 800 calories over the day (say 200, 200, 400) or fast until late afternoon then have the 800 calories?

thanks

• posted by FoFi
    on

I don’t think that it matters. I usually miss out a meal, normally breakfast, or occasionally lunch (not both) and then have a larger dinner with the family. Missing breakfast I find very easy and I usually have something high fat for lunch such as greek yoghurt or houmous. If I’ve missed breakfast I sometimes have a snack when I get in from work (normally an apple or some yoghurt).

I am finding this reasonably easy to keep up and I am losing weight.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Welcome JB,

I don’t think it especially matters when you have them either. Having said that, the 5.2 (original) diet shows that the longer you fast between meals, the more fat you burn.

But it’s entirely up to you how you do it. There isn’t a wrong way.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

For me 3 small meals works best as if I leave it too long I start to get a bit shaky and light headed but that may be in relation to being type 2 diabetic. However I always have my tea at 5pm latest and don’t eat again until about 9am but that seems to be ok, seeing as for most of that time I’m in bed asleep!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

it’s really what works best for you
    I never eat breakfast so I tend to go 200 for lunch, 400 dinner, and 200 late night snack.
    As long as you are cutting out the carbs and keeping the fat intake up, along with drinking lots of fluids, you should be ok.

• posted by JB
    on

Thanks for all your comments. I think it’s a bit of trial and error, so I’ll see how I go and will hopefully find what works best for me.
    Day 1 today!! So far so good.

Please log in or register to post a reply.