8 week results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MalhamCoveCouple
    on

Hi, here are our stats after 8 weeks on the diet.
    Him:
    8 weeks – Lost over 23lbs and 5″ on the waist – BMI down from 29.5 to 26.3. That’s 11% of his starting weight. He also says he know his blood pressure is lower
    Me:
    8 weeks – Lost over 19 lbs and 5.5″ on the waist – BMI down from almost 29 to 26.1. That’s 9.5% of my starting weight. My clothes are fitting nicely.
    We’re planning to continue for another four weeks. It’s great to be on a diet that doesn’t drag on for months – even though I will need to continue to lose more after that, I can use 5:2. I feel like we’ve hit ‘reset’ on what we eat, and particularly sugary things.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Some great results there both of you and I’m sure you can add to those by sticking with the BSD longer. It’s wise not to think of this as a diet, but rather a new way of eating for life, so that you continue eating low carb in to the future and maintain your loss. Going back to old eating patterns will see the pounds creeping back, but it sounds like you are recognising that your palates, are changing, which is all to the good.

All best wishes for further success in the coming four weeks – keep on keeping on!

Please log in or register to post a reply.