8 week diet but only 4 week menu plan?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by settebudini
    on

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I don’t seem to be able to search the forums.
    I have started the BSD 800 diet as per the book and it includes a 4 week menu plan. Yet it is intended to be an 8 week diet.
    Is the intention that the second set of four weeks are a repeat of the menu plans of the first four weeks?
    I can’t find any mention of that in the book, or in the FAQ section of website.
    I realise I may be being pedantic, but since the whole idea of my doing this was to follow a prescriptive diet to change the way I eat, I’m wanting to be told what to eat for a full eight weeks 🙂
    At first I though my book was missing pages!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I think the idea is that after 4 weeks you will be your own expert. My advice would be, having done the 4 weeks, make up weekly plans for yourself using it day by day. So if you liked day 2 in week one, do that, then if you like day 6 from week 3 use that as a days plan. You will become adept at mixing and matching, just keep the calories around 800 for each day. If you want more help you could buy the recipe book (make sure it is the official one) which has 8 weeks worth or menus but I found some days it went over 900 cals and I would adjust that myself.

Are you able to calorie count. There are lots of sites that do it for you and lots of people use FatSecret, I use sparkpeople.com but these things take a bit of effort keying in your food choices, once it is done you only have to click on a food to check the calories.

• posted by settebudini
    on

Thank you, I figured that’s what I’d do. Just odd that that suggestion is nowhere in the book.
    I have no desire to calorie count, that would make it seem like a diet! 😁 I do have the recipe book too, as I figured with a partner and two young kids, dinners need some variation and tweaking.
    Currently in a week three stall but I’ll stick with it.
    I find the dinners in particular quite big. I would never normally eat a whole chicken breast by myself. If this plateau doesn’t resolve itself I think I could handle further portion reductions.
    Thanks for the prompt answer and support.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Calorie counting when planning meals is fantastic education for our future eating habits, I am now a big fan after hating it for years. I got a real wake up call when trying to fit some of my favourites into 800 calories (houmous, avocado, olive oil) and realised just how much over the top my portions were before. I will stop counting soon, but as I am now at maintenance, will always be just a weigh-in over my trigger weight from starting counting again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.