6 Weeks into the Diet with amazing results!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FloraDora
    on

I am just into week six of the 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet. Yesterday I had an appointment with my Diabetic Nurse to discuss the results of my recent Hba1c test. I was amazed and delighted to discover it was down to 35 which is non-diabetic levels (down from 103 six months previously). I am now off of all diabetic medications and have to return in three months for another Hba1c and possibly a glucose tolerance test.

The diet really does seem to have worked in reducing my blood sugar – it does indeed do what it claims to do! I have also had steady weight loss, nothing too dramatic as I had already lost quite a bit by eating Low Carb. Switching to the 800 calories plan tighten up my diet with very good results. Planning to go back to Low Carb/mediterranean with 5:2 when I finish the diet.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Congratulations FloraDora! This is what it’s all about, really happy for you and you got the results so quickly 🙂
    Bet that made the nurse sit up and take notice of what you’ve been doing.

• posted by FloraDora
    on

Yes, indeed it did! She was very happy for me. I asked if anyone else had tried the 8-week diet and she said only one other person had mentioned it. A disappointingly low response from diabetics!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

FloraDora
    That is probably one of the most exciting and inspirational posts I have read on here yet
    To get your Hba1c results as low as that in just 6 weeks is an incredible performance.
    If it was me I’d be shouting it from the rooftops
    Many congratulations, you are a shining light in the dark skies of diabetes.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Word will get out, there are so many of us doing it that we will start a revolution in diabetes management 🙂

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Congratulations Floradora, that’s amazing news. Inspiration to all of us.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Congratulations FloraDora! Your results are an aspiration to all diabetics. This is what I’m aiming for at my annual diabetic review in June.

• posted by susieq
    on

Hi Floradora. That’s great news about your Hba1c results – what a fantastic result in just 6 weeks! I had my usual 6 monthly bloods taken on the 29th Feb so will see my diabetic nurse on Monday for the results. I had only been doing the 8 weeks diet for 4 weeks when I had the test done so don’t know yet how the results will be – FINGERS FIRMLY CROSSED! I know I’ve seen a huge reduction in my finger prick tests and I’ve reduced my insulin from 66 units a day to just 10 now so hopefully my results will be improved. My aim is to come off the insulin altogether and reduce the metformin as well. Will update you when I have the results.

Again – Floradora well done for the brilliant results!

Please log in or register to post a reply.