5th day into diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Patunia
    on

Hi,
    I am new and I started the diet 5 days ago , I am really enjoying the food . It does need preparation and thinking ahead but hey ho.
    I had a blinding headache yesterday And the day before but feel much better today.
    I am pre diabetic and need need to loose 10 to 12 pounds. My blood sugar seems to have settled a bit.
    Does anybody know how much success there is with the weight loss aspect of it if you have less than a stone to loosed?
    If anybody wants to join me …the more the merrier.
    Patunia x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome Patunia

The headache will be carb withdrawal and, as you have discovered, soon clears up once your body begins to adapt to a very low carb regime.

I see no reason why you shouldn’t lose weight successfully on BSD800 just because you don’t have huge amounts of weight to shift, although you may not see such dramatic results as many who are looking to lose large amounts.

But do please take body measurements as it is the visceral fat which you need to lose to control (pre)diabetes, and you may find this shows more in a reduction of body measurements (particularly waist) than it does in actual loss on the scales, particularly as you don’t have much weight to lose.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how you are doing, and shout if you need help – always someone around to answer queries or support should it become necessary.

• posted by RachelH
    on

Hi Patunia!
    Well done for getting those first few days done! It’s such a HUGE change! LIke you, I’m enjoying the food too, although I’m doing mostly two shakes a day and just one meal – but everything tastes delicious – even sprouts! I am around 35 pounds overweight (15kg) and I have lost 7lbs in the first week with walking just 3 times a week (progress not perfection). I can’t answer your question about weight loss but I’m just starting to thisnk about this as a whole new way of life and that my body will, over time come to the ideal weight and my new lifestyle will sustain that. Getting the tape measure out is a great idea – I have lost 2 inches off my rather rotund middle this first week. Using a steel DIY tape measure though so perhaps not completely accurate! My start date was 17 October – great to be with you on this journey!

Please log in or register to post a reply.