4 weeks down and 4 to go!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

I finished my first 8 weeks on the BSD yesterday. I’m following the 800 calories a day low carb eating plan. When I first started the BSD, I originally planned to stay on the 800 calorie a day plan for a couple weeks, but since I lost 9 lbs that first week, I didn’t want to stop. Since then, it has been a slow progression of weight loss but I am determined to make it through the entire 8 weeks.
    I am now down 13.5 lbs. Week two and three were difficult because the weight loss was so little. I have reminded myself each day that the first week weight loss was a lot of water loss and my body needed to catch up. I didn’t gain the weight back but I wanted so badly for the scale to drop. My longest stent of not losing weight was 5 days and finally the scale went down!
    My clothes are fitting so well and I’ve gone out and bought a new pair of pants because the one pair I wore a lot got so baggy. I actually took 5 clothes items to the donation station. Now I’m wearing clothes that I haven’t worn in such a long time because they were too small for me. It feels great!
    My blood sugar has consistently been in the mid 70’s at my first morning testing. I used to always be over 100 every morning.
    I’m a long way from weighing what I should but I’m determined to keep working on it.
    Wishing you all a great week ahead!
    It really helps to know we are all in this together and we aren’t alone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats jmarie41 on your hard work!

Your title is 4 weeks down but your first line says you just finished 8 weeks – did you mean 4? If so, I am in the same place having just finished 4 weeks, I had a plateau in week 2 and a little gain in week 4 so in total I’ve lost 3.5kg (7.7 lbs). I’m determined to get a bit stricter and make the second 4 weeks even better!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Sorry about my typo; (Natalie found it)I just finished my 4th week out of 8 weeks–4 to go! Thanks Natalie!!! :–)

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Thanks for catching my mistake Natalie! I just finished 4 weeks of my 8 week BSD! I started on Sunday, October 9th, 2016–1 day after our 39th anniversary. I am so looking forward to being thinner with no blood sugar problems on our 40th anniversary . I have this feeling I’ll be on this diet a lot longer than 8 weeks but I like knowing this is my first big goal.

I weighed in this morning and lost another half lb. so I am officially 14 pounds down now. Yay! It feels good! If I stick to the plan, in about 4 days I should be another lb. down.

Here’s one big thing that is helping me through the BSD: I make a batch of homemade soup each weekend and put the finished soup in 2 cup portions. I use veggies such as onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, a bit of carrot, celery, cauliflower rice, jalapenos, chili peppers & spices such as chili powder, cumin, red pepper, a can of roasted diced tomato and skinless boneless chicken breast. I use packaged organic chicken broth. I take a container of soup to work for lunch! I figured out the calorie count of 2 cups of soup and it comes out to about 120 calories and low carbs. I’ve checked my blood sugar and it doesn’t rise much during the hours after I eat the soup. Sometimes I’ll eat it twice a day. It keeps me satiated for hours!

This weekend, my husband and I went on a road trip to attend an old friend’s 90th birthday celebration! I packed 4 frozen containers of the soup. Luckily the hotel room had a microwave and I was able to heat the soup. I ate one container shortly before we left for the party! I made it through the party without one bite of food. No one seemed to notice since everyone was milling around the house visiting with each other. I just concentrated on talking to as many guests as I could and ignored the food. I actually don’t even know what food they had.
    I also brought Greek yogurt for my first lunch and first gas stop on the way home. My husband and I had the soup for our breakfast in the hotel room. My goal was to get through the weekend staying on my 800 calorie BSD. I did it!

Here’s to a successful week ahead for all of us!!! For me, planning is key!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.