25 day in – Question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by folksinger
    on

I’m 25 day into this diet now (Will read the book again to see if I have overlooked anything)
    Started at 17s 13lbs now 16st 5lb (Still in the “Obese”) region and seeing slow but downward trend in blood sugar readings already.
    However, what is puzzling me, at the moment – for the first twenty days – the weight simply rolled off! – The curve has now flattened dramatically with only 1lb over the last five days. Apart from blowing it on Friday night – with a bag of nuts – I have stuck to 800c a day.
    I have been doing 20 mins (with two quick bursts) every other day.
    Is there a reason for this apparent levelling off

Thanks

Graham

• posted by JGwen
    on

Our bodies need to store water to help process carbs. – When you go low carb your body releases that stored water. During that period you see rapid “weight” loss. As each ltr of water weighs 1 kg. –

Each 1lb of fat contains 3500 calories. So discarding a lb of fat a week is good progress.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome folksinger and well done on results to date. Fact is, some of us are slow losers …. me included. Trust that your body is doing what it should and that you WILL get where you want to be. Look for the non-scales victories as well as results on the scales, a garment fitting more comfortably, sleeping better, less breathless when exercising etc.

Why not consider joining in on the weekly thread? We’re a cast of new comers and well established BSDer’s. There’s lots of advice and encouragement available there, you just need to ask. A new weekly thread will kick off this evening, with either today’s or tomorrow’s date in the title…. feel free to just dive in, you’ll get a warm welcome.

Best of luck

• posted by folksinger
    on

Thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.