2017 new me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AngelaM
    on

The news today has been full of ticking time-bomb stories of middle-aged people. ….that’s me!
    No longer feel 51 and attractive, but 51 and invisible. Tomorrow is a new day…..

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hello AngelaM

I saw that news too and it is quite depressing. I can understand why you feel invisible. Most of the time I feel like people look at me and wonder why I don’t make more of an effort with my clothes. Small budget and size 16 is why.

Anyway I’m not here to complain and feel sorry for myself. What we all should remember is that losing weight will be good for our health but it is not going to make us better people. We are good, loving, caring people already. You just need to read the posts to see that.

Tell the girl in the mirror how amazing and fabulous she is regardless of her dress size. Eventually she will believe you.

• posted by Skinnyjeans
    on

Hi guys here’s to a determined 2017 !! Got to clear the house out of chocolate sweets etc and start to plan!
    I’ve Got into such a rut with food that I’ve eaten rubbish and now feel so frumpy breathless and can’t even fit into my trousers !
    Who’s with me ???

• posted by HeatherJane
    on

I’m definitely with you Skinnyjeans! We can definitely do this! New year, new start, new us, new self-esteem and confidence. All we need is self-belief and a smile to look good!

• posted by LinD49
    on

Happy New Year everyone. Onward and downward! X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love the determination and positivity here – keep with it and you’ll definitely achieve your goals!

Please log in or register to post a reply.