11lbs off in one week, can this be right?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Thinking Thin
    on

Hi, assuming that both the scales I weighed on are correct, I have lost 11lbs in my first week! I honestly cannot believe it as have never had such a big weight loss at the start of any diet. I will continue weighing on the same scales from now on. It will be interesting to see what week 2 brings but am so pleased with this, especially as I was worried about the opposite thinking about diets. I will increase my activity as feel more motivated.
    I am interested to hear about people’s weight losses per week. I understand it will not be as much as 11lbs again for me but am wondering if losses will still be quite high. I have another 4 stones to lose.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Gosh, that is a lot! If you’ve made really big changes to what and how much you eat, then I think it could well be right. I’ve seen others report fairly big losses in the first week.

You’re right that weight loss isn’t likely to continue at that rate, but you should still see quite good progress on average. Being more active will help too – and help you feel healthier and fitter.

Well done for a great start. Keep it up!

• posted by Ellem
    on

Wow, Thinking Thin, that’s ace! You must be delighted. What a great start.

on

Thanks Guys. I changed everything as was doing Slimming World so no bread, pasta or rice and no fat-free items.
    I’ll see how week two goes.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Well done thinking thin. What a fantastic start. MM is right it really is mega motivating to get such fab losses early on. I’ve never followed slimming world, I always thought it was a bit daft to expect to eat as much as you want and still loose weight!
    I really appreciate your post as I’m on my first week too, so am interested to hear how other folks have got on too
    Wishing you a successful 2nd week x

on

Hi Lynnedb. I really like SW and was even a consultant and team manager with them years ago. But I have really struggled with it in the last three years. The idea is you only eat until you are full, but reading the BSD, I see that the foods that were actively encouraged, such as melons, weren’t helping me. Also, the slow weight loss was frustrating me. Age, menopause and carry too much weight around my middle was adding to the difficulties.
    Good luck with your first week, let us know how you get on.

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

HI, hope you don’t mind me jumping in, it’s my week one and I have lost 14lb’s, must have been holding a lot of water! I started slimming world this time last year and lost 2st in 6 months but put most of it back on. I have always enjoyed a drink but was getting close to 2 bottle’s of wine a night so have kicked that out now, plus buying biscuits and crisps and eating whole packets, extra butter on toast, sausage rolls etc. etc…Clearly cutting out the carbs and wine is working for me, inspired to carry on, good luck. Out of interest, what was your loss on week 2?

• posted by Annym
    on

Hi all. Would like to join this forum. The 11lbs loss inspired me although I would be happy with any loss. I tried this diet last year with great success but slipped back into carbs and have now hit my highest (and lowest) point at 12.13 and 5′ 5″. Well done on your losses Gill33uk and Thinking Thin. I’m a sucker for red wine but that has to go! Looking forward to hearing about your continued losses.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Hi Gill33uk, what an amazing loss for you in your first week! I lost 7lbs 10oz in my first week – well chuffed with that. I haven’t completed my second week yet. It sounds like you’ve made some major changes, good eating! Didn’t want to say good luck, as it isn’t luck, it’s determination and focus that mean we succeed. 👍
    Very best wishes for Annym too

on

Hi Guys, and, Gill33UK, of course you can jump in and Annym, you are very welcome to join in. Great to hear about the fantastic weight losses in week 1. My week started on a Sunday so I will let you know how my week two goes.
    I am conscious of doing more activity and went to a Boogie Bounce Class yesterday, that certainly raised the heart rate, lol. Swimming tonight.
    Annym, don’t be too hard on yourself, I got to 13st 10lbs while with SW over the last 2 years after running the 2016 London Marathon! We have found the BSD so can move forward. It is hard giving up all the food we love, and I like everything that has been mentioned. I now focus on what I can eat. I’m hoping I can keep this motivation up for the full 8 weeks and will be looking forward to hearing how everyone gets on too.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello again, Lynneb! Focus and determination are so important, but planning ahead when it’s “early days” is the secret!
    Best wishes to all new comers..This way of eating changes lives 🙂

Allie

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

Thank all, may have been a bit premature, I thought it was too good to be true, new battery in my scales say that I have lost 4lbs, still happy with that as only been doing it for 4 days, I new it was too good to be true 🙂 Never mind, 4lb is more realistic so will take it! Love the encouragement already from these forums and the sound advice, good luck all.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Well done for having such a great attitude!

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

Thank you, sick of yo yo dieting, taken 6 months to get me back in the right frame of mind but I am there now!

• posted by marie123
    on

Gill33UK – what a nuisance about the reading on the scales, similar things have happened to people on here before. But it’s great that you are OK with taking the 4lbs.

I’ve been on the BSD since last August and I’m currently maintaining at 9st (in total I’ve lost 5st). I was a complete yo-yo dieter but it really helped that you generally lose weight quickly on the BSD. One of my tips, for those of you who like that sort of thing, is to set small mini-targets which are meaningful to you, but also fairly easily achievable. I used achieving 5% (10% etc) of total body weight, reducing my BMI by 1 or even .5 (I used the NHS BMI calculator), getting into the next stone or weight category down as well as lbs lost, body measurements, etc. Basically, anything I could set as a target but knew I should reach within 1 or 2 weeks. For me, this really helped keep me motivated.

edited: I forgot to mention the other motivation (as well as my bgls coming down) was that fairly quickly, I began to feel fantastic, I could move better, felt lighter, and my skin looked better than it had/has in years.

Best wishes everyone
    Marie
    xx

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

marie123 5 stone is about what I need, probably more but will see how I feel when I get there! My twin is doing this too and another sister, she is the lightest she has been since her twenties, we are all 50’s now, she inspired me and my twin so we have some healthy competition and both determined! Great support here and great advice, many thanks. I am sure I will be a frequent visitor and I am finding all the hints very useful. The small targets is my first, under 15st….easily achievable as that’s what I was this morning!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hurray – first box ticked!

on

Wow Marie123, 5 stones is amazing and you are keeping it off.
    Gill33UK, 4 lbs in 4 days is brilliant. Will be exciting to see what you achieved in a whole week. I’m not seeing the scales move in my second week, but I know there are daily fluctuations. Also, I’m wondering if I’m eating too may cherries as that pushes the carbs up. I think there is a thread that talks about the macros. I want to know what the ideal ratio we should be aiming for. I know it depends on people, but a rough idea would be good.

• posted by Squidge
    on

That’s an impressive weight los, Marie – and keeping it off is even more impressive.

Well done on achiving your first mini goal, Gill!

• posted by marie123
    on

Thinking Thin and Squidge – Thanks xx – I reached 9st in April/May (can’t remember exactly) so still early days for me. But yes, I’ve kept the weight off and am focusing hard on embedding the lifestyle changes to maintain things. Fingers crossed, it’s all going well so far. Thinking Thin – I’m not very good on the macro ratios – I just ate 800 cals, <20g carbs, and used fatsecret to monitor, so can’t really help.

Gill – yes, there’s nothing like a sister to provide a bit of competition, is there! good to hear it’s healthy. I’m similar in that I’m 5′ 2″ and although I’ve reached my goal of 9 stone, which is well within the healthy weight zone, my waist circumference is still a couple of inches more than it should be, so at some point I will probably need to lose a bit more – but for now I’m enjoying the rest.

Hope everyone is going well.

on

Week two – 3lb loss, giving me 14lbs in two weeks. I am soooo pleased. I’ve got into clothes that couldn’t two weeks ago. Only blip now is that it was my brother’s and his wife’s birthdays. I did really well with portion size with the roast and veggies, but did have some cake. Very disappointed to see a 4lb gain this morning!!! Will focus again and see what week three gets me.
    How are the other newbies doing?

• posted by Gill33UK
    on

End of week 1, 6lbs off, happily started week 2 yesterday, here’s hoping for similar! I did drink quite a bit over the weekend, will power escaped me, plan this weekend is to cut back and be duty driver so while we are out at a party I will stick to water! My twin reports 11lb loss, she also likes to drink but stuck to Gin where as I have wine! Luckily for me she was a bit heavier to start so I am still in the lead! lol Good luck everyone.

• posted by Annym
    on

Not too bad here. 3lbs off in week one. Would have been better but for a friend’s birthday drink and lack of willpower. Well done everyone. It helps me to aspire to do better next week.

Please log in or register to post a reply.