11 lbs in 4 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Midnight Pumpkin
    on

Hi there everyone, is this kind of weight loss normal? It seems like an awful lot of weight loss, obvious this is a good thing. I crashed off this diet before and have just held my weight since. Im ok (ish) with this but i want to get going again, I stopped before because life got in the way and i really need to find ways to deal with things like that cos that will always happen.

So yeah the quesion is, is this kind of weight loss safe or normal. Im starting again tomorrow and I know its really going to be possible that i lose 16-20 poounds in the first week. But im a little apprehensive of this too.

Thanks

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It won’t be all fat, much will probably be water retention letting go with the change in diet. I haven’t lost that much but I’ve regularly lost well more than half a stone in that initial week. To lose a pound of fat you need a calorie deficit of about 3,500 calories to what you burn, this is why later in the diet after the first week weight loss slows down a lot.

• posted by cmawp
    on

I asked the same question after my first week. I lost 18lb in 7 days, followed by 11.5lb in week 4 and 8.5lb in week 6.

My high start weight of 248lb had something to do with this but I would say losses of that magnitude are ‘normal’, so don’t worry too much.

• posted by Midnight Pumpkin
    on

Thanks for this both of you, I am going with it and just see how it goes now. Im taking some omega 3 supplements and calcium and a mild multivitamin as well just to be sure I get enough nutrition.

Please log in or register to post a reply.