10 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hettering
    on

I’m on my 10th day and have failed to reach ketosis. Has anyone had the same problem?? I’m down 6lb my first week but currently have lack of motivation and feel like I’m fatter then I was. Probably psychological.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Hettering and welcome. 6lb in 10 days is a good loss so dont fret about it. I am not sure about ketosis – I have never in 5 years reached that magic state!!! Sometimes the measuring sticks are rubbish but you dont say how many carbs and day you are eating and what sorts. There is also the theory that the body starts to learn to use the ketones instead of shedding them so you might actually be at the right level but your body has moved on.

• posted by LifeUniverseEverything
    on

I’m only 4 days in and psychologically I feel like I’ve turned a bit of a corner today (day 3 should be outlawed, it was horrific).

Are you doing any other measurements as well Hettering? I took waist and neck measurements (when did my neck get fat?!) as they’re the two areas that I hope I see a difference from even when the scales get stuck.

• posted by Hettering
    on

Thanks for replying. My carbs are very low but I think I’m not eating enough food,as I was too focused on trying to reduce my portions and living off soups and meal replacements. Also think I’m might be eating too much fat as I’m.alternating between 200 g greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a simple on the go breakfast as I’m out the door at 5am. I’m going to meal prep at the weekend and make sure I eat proper protein and veg. Breakfast ideas are non existence 😛

on

Hi again, living on soups and salads used to be my old diet and when I started this I decided it was going to stay interesting and my meals were going to be satisfyling. Not blowing my own trumpet but I have been doing this diet for 5 years (and 3 days:) 🙂 ) and have just started a thread recording my early experiences. Take a look at what I was eating and it might give you some ideas. Someone commented on how great my meals were and honestly, besides a few favourites that have crept in as regulars in my weekly plan, my meals are still varied and interesting.

I really cant see 200g of full fat Greek yoghurt as being too much fat. Plus it is good fat. I think you need to forget about the ketosis measurement – you dont say how you are measuring but the sticks are totally rubbish. If you are eating v.l. carb you are probably in ketosis and if you are trying too hard to get lower you probably are not getting the 800 cals. Track your food on one of the apps available like FatSecret and know exactly what your numbers are. I tend to be around 50g carbs and if I try to go lower I struggle to get enough calories so I gave up trying.

• posted by Hettering
    on

Thanks so much for your kind words. How can I follow u for receipes Ideas. I love the simplicity of the receipes it just need to find time to meal prep as I find preparation is key. I’m not giving up just yet. Weekend is getting the shopping in and cooking up delicious food

on

I have a thread running called 5 Years of BSD – them something to do with memories. At the time in the early days I was using recipes from the 8 Week BSD book so no special recipe books needed. If you dont have the book I am not sure where you are getting your diet advice from – Fast 800?? If you dont know how to make something, just ask. No worries.

• posted by Mizztraveller
    on

Have you been living on 800 cals a day for 5 years?

on

Hi mizztraveller, the answer to your question is that stupid response of Yes and No. I do a menu plan each week or drag up an old one as I have a stack of them and try to follow the plan but know I dont keep to the portion sizes so probably not the calories although I do generally live on a v.l. cal diet because it is what my body is used to but as my concerns are not so much weight related right now I can go off plan now and then. The one thing I never fall down on is carbs. I cant remember when I last ate rice, pasta or potatoes and bread is once in a blue moon treat usually at a restaurant when they have some nice artisan breads. The reason for my strictness is that this diet has firstly allowed me get my diabetes under control and greatly reduce my medication although I have not been able to put diabetes into total remission but I have been diagnosed for many years and using insulin injections. Secondly, I have been able lose weight and keep it off (around 25lbs) when I was told it was nearly impossible for someone who is injecting insulin. I am still probably about one half stone or maybe 2 stone overweight but getting rid of the insulin completely is still my aim. I have gone from using 40 units daily to 15 units and still think I can get lower.

This for me is not a diet, it is a way of eating for life.

Please log in or register to post a reply.