1 week in and winging it! Would SO apprecappreciate advice ๐Ÿ™

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MissT
    on

Hello all. Signed up some time ago and then completely freaked by eating cakes, ice cream, take aways! Bizarre! Never done that since diagnosed T2 22yrs ago! Anyway, finally sane again and trying 800 cals. Not a big eater but can’t fast as my IBS kicks in big time. Trying mix of home shakes and some food but on basis of 60carbs/44fat/40protein. Is this a wise mix? So far lost 6lbs in 7 days but biggest thrill is meter readings/insulin units. Am VERY resistant often needing 100+ units to cope with moderate eating and suffer badly with Dawn Phenomenon. BS commonly between 12-18 and sometimes up to 21 (god forbid if I have a drink or take away!).
    This past week BS have been around 6-8 on 40/45 units of Humalog Mix 25!!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ™Œ I’m so thrilled by this, more than the weight loss – although I have 5/6 stone to lose thanks to NHS carby diet!
    I want to try lower carbs etc gradually but could anyone advise if I’m eating relatively safely so far? I def need to add more veg as mostly using spinach/berries so far. Keen to get balance right.
    Thanks in advance for any advice xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome back MissT
    Great to hear that you have made a start and are seeing results. When you are ready, try to reduce your carbs down to the 50g mark and add in plenty of above ground veggies – root veg are best kept in very small amounts as they tend to be starch (which I’m sure you know anyway).
    There is no need to fast on the Fast 800, the idea is to try to limit yourself to 800 calories a day and whilst some people do try to fast from early evening to mid to late morning, this is not essential to the success of the eating plan. You need to find what works for you, so that you are managing your calories in a way that suits you and so that you are able to get through the day without major hunger pangs.
    It sounds to me like you are already finding your way with the BSD regime and I’m sure you will continue to see positive results. I am sure someone else will respond to your posts, so keep us updated and shout if you need assistance.

• posted by MissT
    on

Thanks for replying SunnyB.
    Good to know you can’t see any glaringly obvious mistakes in my targets.
    Hope to try 50 carbs or less next week then 40 following week.
    No problems with hunger so far but still experimenting.
    My BS results, and others ‘ successes are definitely encouraging.
    Keep up the good work everyone – it all helps us newbies find our way ๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

5/6 stone? You must be British if talking British English! “Me Thinks” I tend to talk it also in New York City area also. ๐Ÿ˜€

6 pounds in a week? You have the strength of Samson and the wisdom of Solomon! keep it up!

Oh yeh a stone in 14 pounds Americans! ๐Ÿ˜‰

One more thing: go Arsenal, not Manchester United!

Daniel

• posted by MissT
    on

Hi Daniel, thanks for your words of wisdom ๐Ÿ˜Š I’m counting pounds as I find it more encouraging to watch each 1 slowly drop away and I never did grasp grams and kilos.
    Unfortunately, my maths has always been hopeless too – I have actually only lost 4.6lbs, having gone from 202.8lbs to 198.2lbs DOH!
    So onwards and upwards….or should that be downwards? ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘‡
    But, as I say, more thrilled with BS control and drop in insulin ๐Ÿ™Œ
    By the way – there is only English ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ˜…….and who or what is Arsenal and Manchester United??!
    Football died for me, with the retirement of the truly great dedicated footballers such as Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Bobby Moore and George Best etc. Compared to them, the current lot really are overpaid ‘players’! ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by Ziggy
    on

MissT – if you only lost one pound weight every week for a year – at the end of that year you would be over 3.5 stones lighter! So since you are losing much more than that – weigh to go girl!

• posted by MissT
    on

Hi Ziggy. You’re absolutely right. Hadn’t thought of it that way! 5 or 6 stone just seems like a mountain to climb whereas 1lb per week seems quite achievable at the moment. Hopefully, as I slowly reduce my carbs, it will be โ˜บ Thanks for your encouragement. It really means a lot to know there are people here who have experience of the rocky climb to good health. Enjoy your Sunday ๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi MissT – Don’t think in terms of 5 or 6 stone, but set some smaller goals, which will feel more achievable,. Perhaps set your sights on 7lb increments, so that it feels less like a mountain to climb and more like a slight incline to hike. And maybe think up a few non foodie treats to reward yourself when you hit each one – a new nail varnish, a bunch of flowers, a plant, a new body lotion, an extra long soak in the bath – just a little something to mark the occasion. Look forward to reading positive results from you soon.

• posted by MissT
    on

Thank you โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

SunnyB gave a word of wisdom: Make smaller goals to accomplish THE BIG GOAL!
    I actually need to do more of the self-rewarding more myself (without my two friends Ben and Jerry) ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely right: Football today is so overpaid. The same with Tennis, the Gentleman’s Sport! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yeh, i wear a cardigan when I play…… I am Old School. Like who else wears a Charlie Chaplin tophat when putting on a tux with a Houdini Mustache!????

I need Wells’ Time Machine go back to 1890. LOL

What I need to do Myself:

1) Cut the dairy more (My Kryptonite, not Nestle, Frito Lays or Pringles)
    2) Reward myself more often (thanks for the refreshing enthusiasm on that)
    3) Skip voting in November (oops wrong list) ๐Ÿ˜€

Live Long And Prosper!
    Onward and Upward…….. Or Downward!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Daniel

• posted by MissT
    on

Noooooooo! Don’t mention B&J!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜จ My Kryptonite for sure. It only needs a mention from someone and I’m in the car heading for Phish Food!!!……..I’ve hidden the car keys…. let’s just hope I forget where!
    Well, I’m off to make evening shake. A couple of scoops of ice cream in it would be heaven ๐Ÿ˜ˆ………..now where did I put those keys……๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Please log in or register to post a reply.