This looks good, however,Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian! Tesco do a vegetarian cheese that grates and tastes very like Parmesan. Sorry can’t remember the name but it can be Googled.
Meat free sausage mix made with oats, rye or barley
• Using either/or or even a mixture of:
• Whole grain oats, pre-soaked in water to soften & drained
• Flaked rye, pre-soaked in water to soften & drained
• Pre-cooked pearl barley
• 100g grain of choice (see above)
• 25g cold grated butter
• 25g freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (not the powdered stuff)
• 1 small onion, minced & fried
• 1 yolk
• 1 tsp mustard (or to taste)
• salt & pepper to taste
Mix the ingredients together really well, mould into either pattties or sausages, coat with either pinhead oatmeal, dukkah, cold left over cous cous, or your choice of coating. Fry till crisp & golden.