Tasty and easy to make
A great easy, tasty, pretty low carb dish. Even kids love it.!!!
A different take on traditional ratatouille a true Med classic
• 2x Med Aubergine chopped chunky
• 3x Lrg'ish Courgette sliced fairly chunky
• Lrg Onion quartered (I prefer red)
• Peppers (red, yellow, green) roughly chopped
• Tomatoes quartered (I use whole punnet baby plum, halved. But any will do)
• Chopped Garlic cloves to taste ( I use 6)
• Heaped Tsp dried dill or 6 fresh dill sprigs
• Good squeeze of tomato paste (approx 4 Tbl sp)
• Tsp Onion granules
• 2Tsp Vegetable bullion ( I use the Mari Gold Vegan)
• 1/2 Tsp Celery salt
• Good glug of olive oil
Place all the chopped veg in a good sized roasting tin including fresh dill if using fresh.
Glug the olive oil liberally over veg.
Put tomato paste, veg bullion, onion granules, dried dill if using and celery salt into a jug. Pour in 300ml boiling water. Mix thoroughly. Pour over veg. Cover with foil. Place in 180 fan oven/200 regular for an hour.
Remove foil and cook for a further 45 min. That's our oven, yours might need more or less time.
As long as veg is cooked and you have a thick unctuous sauce, all good.
Works well with roasted chicken thighs.