This looks worth trying but four oxo cubes that seems a lot of salt? Sally Army
A real winter warmer! Thick, smooth, and all those lovely vitamins! And at only 122 calories per bowl you’re not breaking the bank either!
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
• 3 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
• 1/2 large, or 1 small celeriac, peeled and cubed
• 4 chicken oxos or similar
• 1200 ml boiling water
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbsp. full fat crème fraiche
• Ground black pepper.
Heat oil in a large saucepan.
Add onion and leeks and sautee for approx. 10 minutes (don't brown).
Add celeriac and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Dissolve cubes in the boiling water and add to pan.
Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
Off heat, liquidise until quite smooth.
Stir in crème fraiche, mustard and lemon.
Freeze any leftovers in individual portions.