I would leave out bread as it doesn’t suit me….gluten sensitive and high GI
A shepherd’s pie with an Eastern twist!
• 500g minced lamb
• 150g mushrooms - chopped
• 240g Aubergine - chopped
• 119g onion - chopped
• 100g frozen baby broad beans
• 100g frozen garden peas
• 400g tinned plum tomatoes in juice
• 28g Knorr vegetable stock pot
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 slice white bread (medium)
• 100g grated English mature cheddar
• 400g raw cauliflower
To prepare the meat:
1. Fry the lamb in a hot pan, adding in the aubergine, onions and mushrooms, until the meat is cooked through and the vegs are soft.
2. Add in the tinned tomatoes, the stock pot, and the spices and stir until the juices are bubbling.
3. Stir in the beans and peas, bringing the mix back to bubbling.
4. Take off of the heat and leave to cool.
5. Once cool, put into an oven proof dish.
To make the topping:
1. Break the cauliflower into medium sized florets and put into a food processor.
2. Blitz until the cauliflower resembles a crumb.
3. Add in the cheese and the bread, and bring back down to a crumb.
4. Spread the crumb mix over the cooled lamb mixture, fairly thickly.
1. Cook in an oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 20 minutes uncovered.
2. Loosely cover with tin foil, and cook for another 20 - 25 minutes.