What is benefibre powder?
I like to do a bulk cook so that I have at least one hot meal on the go. It is easily adaptable, very filling, and tastes great!
• 1 tray - x-lean ground beef (mine was 1.4lbs)
• 1 can - diced tomatoes (unico 28 floz)
• 1 can - red kidney beans (unico 19oz)
• 1 can - black beans (unico 19oz)
• 1 - jalapeño pepper (fresh, minced)
• 1.5 - bell peppers (large)
• 225g - cremini mushrooms (sliced)
• 1 packet - chili seasoning mix (club house)
• 3 packet - benefibre power (adds 9g of fibre)
• To taste - pepper
Brown the ground beef in a large pot
Add jalapeño and seasoning packet just before beef is browned, let it cook for a few minutes
Add the diced tomatoes, stir
Add each of the other ingredients one at a time, stirring after each.
Bring to a boil. Let simmer for 40 mins with the lid off.
I usually use a green bell pepper, but the yellow and orange were on sale
Don't worry if it looks too dry, the veg will add moisture
I usually let it sit overnight befor divvying it up into lunch containers. It lets the flavours really soak in
It's great with a dollop of plain yogurt
NUTRITIONAL VALUES (per serving)
24.5 carb (7.5 fibre, 5.6 sugar)