I have some Quorn. I’ll give this a try – but I will definitely improve the aesthetics of the dish – the grey look does not add to the appeal.
Sprinkled with green herbs – parsley/ coriander etc – may some other colour and flavour like paprika?
Basically, Quorn Supreme, with added veg. Healthy and delicious. Overall calories 850.
• ½ tbs olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 celery sticks, chopped roughly ½ cm squared
• 2 tbs wine
• 170g mushroom (I use chestnut), thickly sliced
• 350g quorn chunks
• 1 medium carrot, cut in half lengthways then sliced thinly
• 2 tbs double cream
• Herbs of your choice: I use bayleaf + rosemary, but thyme would be good, maybe tarragon
• Salt and pepper or Veg bouillon(Peas are delicious in this but I can't afford the calories on Fast 800).
In a thick based saucepan, gently fry onion till it starts to colour. Add garlic and a few mushroom slices. After a minute add half the celery and some carrot (this is all for flavour). Stir for a bit then add wine and bayleaf. Stir in the quorn for a minute, then add rest of veg, herbs and 200 ml of water.
Simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally, until carrot al dente. Now season to taste then add cream. Serve with your choice of steamed veg.