Delicious – particularly if you add a little finely chopped onion. The method mentions lemon juice but there is none in the ingredient list. I put in the juice of half a lemon. And at point 4 in the method, I added the squeezed courgette to the flour mix.
a simple bhaji which goes well with a raita and salad
• 10 oz courgette (grated) 250g
• 4 oz chickpea flour (100g)
• 1 tspn salt
• I crushed garlic clove
• 1 chopped chilli
• 1 or 2 tspns curry powder
• 1 tspn gingerwater saved from drained courgette + extra50ml oil for frying
1. Stir salt into grated courgette and place in a sieve over a jug. Leave for 15 minutes.
2. Add dry ingredients and garlic, chilli and lemon juice to the flour.
3.Use the courgette water and extra to make a thick batter.
4. Add the flour mix into the batter and stir.
5. Add 50 mls of oil to a hot frying pan and fry until golden and set underneath then flip over and fry until both sides are golden.