Loved this … Made them using just 1 tbsp of the coconut flour and also a tsp of water. Worked out for the 2 pattie portion as 240 Cal’s. Well worth it. Will no longer die for high calorie. High carbo. High sugar bread..
5 ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. Quite a reasonable bread replacement and full of fibre, these flatbreads give me that full feeling and are good for sandwiches etc
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
• 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, Melted
• 1 Egg
• 1/8 Teaspoon Sea Salt (Edit: The original recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon of salt. After further testing we felt like less salt was needed.)
• 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder – Homemade grain free baking pow
I didn't have coconut oil so I substituted olive oil and it worked ok. My mixture was more a paste than a batter so maybe a little less flour next time.
Tip, use baking parchement or a good non stick tray greased well as they do tend to stick.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder together until combined.
3. Add egg and melted coconut oil and mix well.
4. Let batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquid.
5. Scoop half the batter on baking pan and use a spatula to spread batter into a circle the size of a bun.
6. Repeat using the rest of the batter. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Many thanks to the Coconut Mama website for this recipe.