Which milk to use in Optislim Premium shakes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MrVili
    on

I know Michael says full fat milk is better than skim but the Optislim shakes specifically indicate that skim milk should be used.
    Just wondering which way I should go.
    I want to use the meal replacement shakes for a couple of weeks and then move to the BSD meals

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You have no choice. Even with skim the calorie count is huge at 401 per serving. You simply cannot afford full fat. I suggest you use nut milk instead. Unsweetened almond milk is 30 calories a cup (240 ml) and at fewer than 1g carbs, it is far lower in carbs than any dairy milk.

Having said that, the ingredients of the Optislim shake are not BSD friendly, in my view. There are multiple sugars and starches. It’s not just the mere calorie count you have to worry about. The source of them matters more than the final figure because not all calories are equal. If you have blood sugar issues, these ingredients could work against you. Being on a liquid diet will likely help you drop weight anyway, though.

Best of luck to you!

• posted by MrVili
    on

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely have a think about it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.