Week 1 – start May 18th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sofia
    on

Hi everybody,

I am starting my BSD journey today, and will give it a very serious go for the coming 8 weeks. I have been struggling with food addiction for the last six years, and it has really destroyed big parts of my everyday life. I will use the 8 week BSD to get in control of my eating and emotions, and reprogram my to not crave sugar and carbs.

I know it will be difficult but and I am really looking forward to hearing your stories and getting energy and support from you guys. Knowing that we are in this together will help.

I don’t want to try and fight anymore. This time I want to succeed!

All the best to all of you,
    Sofia

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Sofia, good luck – I am sure you will succeed. Shout out if you need help.

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi Sofia
    Im starting today 21st May. Just come back from holiday last night and I felt fat, flabby and a failure. I need to lose 3 stone, and whilst I was away I ordered the books from Amazon ready for this morning. I have just eaten my breakfast of a poached egg and half and avocado pear, will be trying very hard to get the water down me!
    I work from home so it will be easier/or maybe harder to be firm with myself.
    Just got to do a long shopping list now, managed to get the eggs and avocado on the way home yesterday!
    Hope you are doing ok, lets try and do it together

• posted by Tululah
    on

Hi Zinny, Welcome to the club. You might be interested in joining another thread called one week at a time. It starts every Tuesday and we try and support each other through the ups and downs. Verano has already kindly put tomorrows thread up ready for us to get going its call ‘One week at a time – start 22 May’. Hope to see you there and be kind to yourself! Tully :)x

• posted by Tululah
    on

Sorry Sophia and Sushine girl never saw you there. Welcome to the forum, lots of great people, threads and advice all over the place..: Just jump into as many as you want. Tully :)x

• posted by Squidge20
    on

Reply to Zinny,
    You say u are trying to get water down you. This is hard at the start believe me , I never used to drink a lot at all. A tip i have is to add a couple of slices of fresh lemon to water . The colder the better but I also drink room temp water too. The thing is the more u drink the better it becomes and u will find your’e body will start to crave it as daft as it may seem. Good Luck

• posted by zinny
    on

Hi everyone, and thank you for your words of encouragement! Just had late lunch, the no carb plough mans as I have yet to go to do my big shop but I was able to put this together ok. Im sat with a glass of water by my hand as I am typing this, slowly sipping away, so thanks for the tip Squidge. Im entering food on fitbit as I have a fit bit. I used to run, but a fall and a broken ankle and liagament damage has stopped that!

• posted by Sofia
    on

Hi Zinny and Tululah, thanks for tips – I will also join the one week at the time thread as well then. We can do this!

Please log in or register to post a reply.