Waking very early.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by La Pomme
    on

Hi everyone. I am on the last day of my first week and have been very pleased with my weight loss and FBSs but I have been waking every morning, between 4 and 5 o’clock and wondered if anyone knows why. I need the loo and am very hungry on waking. My FBS has dropped from 7.5 to 4.8 and I have been a type 2 diabetic for 16 years. My current diabetes medication is 2000mg sustained release Metformin taken split between morning and evening.

• posted by Squidge
    on

It does take a while for your body to adjust to the changes, especially if you previously ate quite a large meal in the evening. The feelings of hunger should start to ease up soon. If it’s really bad, you could try saving a small amount of your calorie allowance for a little snack in the evening.

A lot of initial weight loss can be water, which probably explains the need for the loo. That too should settle down soon.

As for the medication, if your readings have changed significantly the dosage might need to be adjusted. Talk to your doctor if you have any doubts about the amount you’re taking.

Please log in or register to post a reply.