Type 2 with Crohns

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Valeria
    on

Hi, recently diagnosed with type 2 the issue is compounded by my having Crohns disease as well.
    The Crohns is triggered by fresh Veg and fruit, which now I am diabetic does not leave me a lot of menu choice, goodthing I like meat.

Wondering if there is anyone else in the Forum that has this combination of conditions and how they are coping. My Dietician held her hands up and advised me to “look after the Crohns” rather than the Diabetes, well that did not domy bloodsugar results any good at all, and now am not eating much of anyhting, which again is causing problems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• posted by zebbie
    on

Hi,
    sorry to hear about your crohns. Can I suggest you check out a youtuber called zero carb journal. He’s got a really interesting story to tell about his struggles with his diet and gut health. You have to watch the earlier ones to hear how and why he started eating the way he does.
    Also an Australian dietician, called Feng-Yuan Liu who gave a talk for low carb down under on youtube called LCHF: from theory to practice, on which she describes how she successfully treated her partners crohns, getting him of all medication. Well worth a look.

Please log in or register to post a reply.