Two weeks in & 9lbs down! :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hophead
    on

Just saying hello all.
    I just got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes & am determined to sort it out with food & exercise. Have spent my whole life, (since I was 8 & I’m in my 50s now) on different diets and have never managed to keep the weight off but this time has got to be different.
    Have been pleasantly surprised in the second week that my hunger pangs are definitely getting less.
    I’ve just come down with the worst cold I’ve had for years but hoping all the veg I’m eating will help shift it quickly!
    Any tips gratefully received! 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Hophead, just want to say welcome to the forum. As a newly diagnosed Diabetic you can very quickly get rid of that diagnosis. You have to be strong and stick with the plan, it really does work. Great you have lost 9lbs, keep up the good work. Is your doctor going to be monitoring your progress.

• posted by Hophead
    on

Thanks 😊
    No monitoring from my Dr, I have to see the nurse again in 6 months just to check my weight but no other checks. So I just need to focus & sort it out myself, & as you say, stick with the plan. Lots of great ideas & advice on these forums so I think that will help!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I am really surprised that after being diagnosed with T2 no-one is going to check on you. Maybe the nurse will do the appropriate tests, maybe just a finger prick. Let us know how you get on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.