Three weeks in – my story so far

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Hello everyone, in case it’s helpful, I wanted to share how I’ve been getting on with the BSD.

Starting weight – 13 stone 8
    Current weight – 12 stone 7

BMI down from 32 to 29.
    That takes me out of ‘obese’ to ‘overweight’ on the NHS calculator. This is a massive psychological boost for me.

Week one I had headaches to start with and felt a bit lightheaded, but loved the recipes. I lost 6.5lbs.

Week two I was determined and motivated and didn’t stray much at all. I lost 3.5lbs.

Week three I felt cravings for fast food and sweet stuff, I made substitutes and gave in to a biscuit 😂

I’ve been swimming three times a week.

Feeling determined to keep going, I’m not missing bread, don’t usually eat much pasta or rice but could murder a roast potato right now!

I’ve also avoided root veg and bananas in favour of berries and leafy green veg so am enjoying this new experience.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

That is incredible!!! well done. Very motivating for me to read.
    Can i ask a few questions- do you drink much milk in tea or coffee? What is your fast / carb / protein daily intake?

Thank you xx

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Thank you.

I’ve never been a big tea or coffee drinker so I’ve been drinking fruit tea. I’ve not had any coffee. I’ve not had any milk in drinks. I had a bowl of (very) sugary cereals one morning when I stayed overnight with a friend, with semi skim milk.

I’ve just drank water mainly. I craved some squash but it was horrible, really synthetic tasting.

I’ve had a lot of yoghurt – having it with fruit and nuts lots of mornings.

I’ve not been totting up how many grams of carbs. But this last week I’ve avoided bananas and carrots. I’ve been eating berries instead. I’ve read posts on here about having less than 50g or as low as 25. In my head I might be approaching that but I can’t know for sure. I’ve researched which fruit, vegetables and nuts are lowest and have been deliberately having those.

As I get more used to the diet I think I’ll need to be more exact but for now my conscious decision to wipe out the ‘worst’ carbs and eat healthier/follow BSD recipes has worked xx

Protein wise I’ve been eating prawns, chicken, mackerel, turkey, beans and loving it – meals adding up to around 800 calories each day as per the book. I’ve bought the accompanying recipe book which has arrived today and done my best to meal plan.

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Sorry, just to add on fasting, I tend to eat an evening meal quite early (5pm) and don’t eating until say 7 if I’m going swimming or 8/8.30 if I’m not.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Thank you so much omnyway. Thank you! I have saved your message! Is your yogurt full fat? I’m quizzing you to emulate your success!x

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Yes full fat. I don’t want to have the low fat stuff with the sweetners.

And thank you!

I’m feeling really positive for this week. I have to go away for work the week after and it won’t be anywhere near as straightforward 😂👍

I hope you do amazing x

Please log in or register to post a reply.