Thank you Michael Mosley

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DiH
    on

I am 70 years old in December and back in January I was waiting to have a knee replacement following a fall and having arthritis. I weighed nearly 90 kg and am 160cm tall, so was extremely overweight. My mother had type 2 diabetes and my brother had type 1 diabetes. I had high cholesterol and was finding it very difficult to mind my little grandchildren and was unable to make any travel plans owing to the pain in my knee.
    A friend suggested I read The Healthy Gut book but my local bookshop did not have it in stock but they did have the 8-week blood sugar diet, so I thought this would probably suit me better.
    On 1st February I started the diet and today I have lost over 25kg, no longer require surgery on my knee, and have just returned from a trip to southern Spain where I was walking approx 20,000 steps a day.
    I am about to go to my GP and have blood test done again.
    I have not been hungry once during the past 5 months and am eating better than I have ever eaten previously.
    I am about to go on the maintenance diet, and am a little scared that I might put on some weight, but to all of those people who are struggling, it’s never too late, life is wonderful, so keep up the good work and then you can live life to the very fullest.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

What an inspirational post DiH, and now committed you are to regaining your health and living life to the full.
    Your grandchildren must be thrilled with the new you and I’m sure friends have taken a second look at their lives and realised it doesn’t have to be a life half lived as you get older.
    Congratulations, stick around and those who’ve had experience with maintenance will share their knowledge, and I’m sure you’ll bring ideas of your own.
    I don’t know how far you’ve researched around the low carb way of eating, but have a look in the thread Take a Look at This for some useful resources.
    Again, endless congratulations for turning your life around 🤗
    Maggie

• posted by JGwen
    on

Well done on your achievement DiH.
    Its good to share news of successes both to support those you know personally who will have had a ring side seat on how you are thriving after making this change to your eating habits, and to people through the forum.

There is a thread on the forum where people who are in maintenance share tips. – After reaching your target what next. I am sure that some of the people who have been on the forum longterm keep an eye on that thread and will be there to help you answer any questions you have.

The other day I saw the emotion on Jason Fungs face when he explained in a podcast just how rewarded he felt when he received letters from people who have successfully used the free resources he provides to turn their lives around. – I thought it would be a nice idea if we could do the same for Dr MM, but I don’t know of an address that can be used to post correspondence direct to him, and I don’t know how well monitored the forums are. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could do this?

• posted by Pancita
    on

What a happy and inspirational story, DiH, congratulations on a great achievement and thank you for sharing xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.