Struggling with my running

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sally291
    on

Hi. First time on here! My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying the BSD and after only 3 weeks we’ve lost 26lbs between us!! So easy & delicious.
    I’ve been running for 11 years to varying degrees and before starting the diet I was able to comfortably run for around 4miles; unfortunately I’m now struggling to manage a slow 2 miles. Whether I’m low on fuel but any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated. Don’t want to stop doing it as it’s good for my head and reducing stress.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Sally – I’ve been running for a while and there’s no doubt that it does take a few weeks for your body to get used to the BSD way in terms of coping with exercise. Whilst running is not the ideal exercise for BSD-ers (the best being, by popular consensus HIIT) I totally agree that as a stress buster it’s great so carry on. Your body will get used to it and you will gain more energy as the weeks go on. In my opinion you really don’t need carbs to run 4 miles but you may need a few extra calories afterwards. Keep them protein and fat rich, lean meat, avocado, nuts, olives etc.
    Happy running!

• posted by Sally291
    on

Thank you topcac! That’s really helpful. 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.