Starting the 12 week BSD but have holidays in between.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Woods26
    on

Hi, I’m just starting the 12 week BSD. Have been putting it off for ages, there’s always something happening in the 12 weeks. If I keep on using that as an excuse I’ll be 10 stone heavier, and my blood sugar will be through the roof.
    Has anyone coped with this type of diet whilst being on holiday? I’ve managed to do it even at family BBQ’s but the worry of a full week puts me off. Unfortunately for me every hour of my day is planning what I’m eating, and my holidays reflect that too. Part of my holiday is the food. I eat very well and always cook from scratch, my downfall is portion size, and my brain actually telling me I’m full. (Never heard it say that yet!).
    Hoping people will tell me they’ve coped and it pays off in the end. 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

From my experience I would recommend focusing on the carb levels of your food rather than just the amount of calories. – The hungry signals are because your insulin levels are too high so your body can not access your fat stores and need you to eat to provide fuel. –
    Why not turn your focus on planning meals to planning meals which keep you under 20g of carbs per day, moderate protein and the rest of the calories from healthy fats.

• posted by Woods26
    on

Thanks JGwen , I’ve started planning my meals, so hopefully that part will work for me. Good idea about focusing on the carbs rather than the calories I’ll try that while I’m away.

Please log in or register to post a reply.