Starting Over

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Hi, I started the BSD two months ago and lost a few kilos and then for some reason I stopped! Have put back all that I lost but last night after another binge on carbs , I said no more! Today has been surprisingly easy although am feeling a tad tired…sugar withdrawals I suspect. Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum who has flunked first time only to pick up and follow through!
    Napangardi

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Napangardi
    Welcome to the forum and your new eating regime. I have taken conscious breaks from the BSD, but not flunked as such, I’m sure there must be folks on here that have though and hopefully one of them will respond to you soon.
    I hope that you manage to stick with it this time round. Remember to keep an eye on the carbs – best to keep around 50g a day – to drink plenty and eat full fat products.
    Hope it goes well, keep us posted and shout if you need support.

• posted by Caro
    on

Hi Napangardi.
    You are not the only one to start again. Today is my third attempt. My first try was actually very positive but only for 5 days. Could see the effects quickly but i managed to sabotage my good work and run back to carbs in every form when life’s everyday stresses paid a visit. That was 5 weeks ago. 2nd attempt was not worth mentioning. Today i am off to a good start but it is the afternoons and evenings that i struggle with. Have to quit with the excuses and have more resolve. I did struggle badly with fatigue during my first attempt but I guess that was a reflection of my sugar withdrawal. I had to nap when I put my one yr old down for his nap! Anyway i wish you well. I am in Australia. Where are you? Caro

• posted by Caro
    on

Hello,
    Just wanted to put it our there, that I have made to the end of day 2. Not much of a milestone I know, but I am pretty happy with myself. Scales say I have lost 1kg (probably water but hey I’ll take ), but I am most happy that I managed to stay the course given it is school holidays and my young daughter wants to bake every day. So I have managed to bake and not eat it. A miracle for me!! I think it is time to go to bed as I am starting to think about food. The evening is my worst time. About 9pm I would normally grab a bowl of cereal followed by 2 slices of toast with butter – an yes I would have had my dinner a couple of hours before that. Oh dear.
    A question – I made the courgette and pumpkin seed muffins today. There was so much moisture in the mix – they didn’t cook through. Has anyone had success with this recipe? I thought if I have to keep baking I may as well make something I can eat. Enjoying reading everyone’s posts.

• posted by Izzy
    on

There are definitely people who have stopped and came back you are not alone. Good luck with your new start.

Caro making it through any day is an achievement so stay proud and keep going. I don’t think the courgette muffin is a popular recipe I’ve not tried it but I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say it was great lol.

I use some recipes from this website for baking with almond flour if you are interested in that…
    https://elanaspantry.com/

I regularly make the silver dollar pancakes, they freeze well too so it’s ok to make a big batch knowing they won’t be wasted, and I make the salt and pepper crackers almost every week.

• posted by Caro
    on

Thanks izzy. I will have a look at that site. More school holiday baking today and i caved! So disappointed in myself. Think i should persuade my daughter to cook the silver dollar pancakes you mention. She likes the pancakes made from just banana,SR flour and eggs. At least there isnt any processed sugar in them i suppose……

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Well good to read that others have been challenged and then have picked up the challenge again. I am feeling fairly positive. I am down 1.6 kilos so whilst much of it may be water I feel lighter. I think my issue is that I tend not to formally count calories. I sorta of work it out but this morning thought I need to be mindful of exactly what it is I am consuming. I am on school holidays and whilst my position requires meetings and catch up jobs I am so grateful not to have to move out of bed at 6 am….I think will start planning recipes this am!

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Oh Caro, I am from south Australia, we have had wild wet weather! I am from the Clare Valley which is a beautiful part of the world

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi.
    Bril work for restarting, I also when started weighed in at more than you 117.73 kilos, 13 days in have lost 17 lbs, so us curvy ladies can do it faster me thinks. So we are in it for the long haul. Thank goodness we’ve started huh.
    Go for it.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Please log in or register to post a reply.