Starting, determined and on day 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Hi All ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Been reading through the forum and found it really friendly and helpful so thought I would post.
    I am mid 40s female and my BS is at high end of normal, but expect that would increase if I don’t stick to a healthy diet! Have about a stone to lose.
    Did first day yesterday and found it easy to stick to (however easier on a weekend!!).
    So on day 2 which is a work day and had my first meal and planned rest of my meals.
    Thanks!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi there LochWatcher – welcome to the BSD way of eating!

As you only have a stone to lose, don’t get disheartened if you don’t see the huge losses some others are able to report. On the other hand, you might see your desired loss in the 8wks. Personally when I set out, I had 2st 2lb to lose and it’s taken as long for me to do that, as it has for some others to lose four times that amount. Having said that, I have had some very long breaks along the way, where I just stuck to the principle of the programme, rather than sticking to the 800cals.

We are all different though and our bodies all do things at their own rate. You can be assured though, that this way of eating does work and all you need to do is stick to the programme and your body will give you the results you want when it is ready to.

Make good use of the forum. It has certainly helped to get me through some sticky patches and the lovely crowd here will offer any advice or support they can, as well as help you celebrate your achievements. They have certainly helped me stick with the programme and helped me when things have got iffy.

So, I wish you the best of luck in meeting your goal quickly and to reading about your progress. Please keep us posted.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello there, you are getting a double sunny / sunshine welcome here. In the first 8 weeks I lost 9 lbs and I am not terribly overweight. I think in your case the important thing is to tackle your blood sugar so as not to put you in our situation (diabetes) and this will be a double benefit of losing weight and hitting the visceral fat. The secret to that is the low calories, but in my view, the dumping of white carbs which we have learned from experience is what sends BS soaring. 8 weeks is a short sharp shock to the body and enough to get things back in equilibrium. Good luck and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Montie71
    on

Hi LochWatcher,
    I’m just starting too. Day one down – survived a training day with salad bowls full of lollies and chocolates on every table. I’m mid 40s also, need to lose 15 kg to get back to a healthy BMI. Not thinking too much about that though, just aiming to stick to the 800 BSD for 8 weeks and see how it goes. I’d like to start running again and feeling strong.
    Just from today I’ve realised how hungry eating processed carbs makes me. Without them I felt pretty good, the hunger was manageable.
    I’m pretty motivated now – just need to keep the motivation high and not let perfectionism sabotage me. In the past if I slipped up I’d end up discouraged and chuck it in. The goal is to work through the tough moments this time and keep going. 8 weeks isn’t too daunting!
    Good luck with it all. Post some updates along the way ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

H Montie71 – a lot of us have found that the BSD is surprisingly easy to get back into when those inevitable slips, blips and transgressions occur. We are all human and we all err occasionally, secret is not to waste time beating yourself up, as this is likely to lead to giving yourself permission to give up. Mush better to get on the forum and vent, then someone will give you a hand up and the boost you need to get straight back to it. Believe me, it’s been my salvation a few times along the way! You don’t have to work through the tough times alone.

The hunger pangs will reduce considerably, once your body understands it doesn’t get them any more, so ride it out and in a matter of days, you should find them much reduced. Best of luck with your quest – make sure to let us know how things are going.

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Thanks SunnyB and Sunshine Girl – your names alone are cheery ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the motivation to stick to it, whatever. Such low cal is a bit scary, but the evidence on here from people and the book helps with that.

Hi Montie71
    Glad you are motivated too and have found the first day better than you expected! Amazing isn’t it?! Good luck for the rest of your first week! We can do it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Hi

Pleased to say I have got though three days and I feel so well!! Not sure why that is, but I have more energy and a more positive mood.

Hope you have done okay Montie71?

3 days down, but have a meal out tomorrrow, so a bit more difficult.

• posted by Montie71
    on

Hi Lochwatcher,
    Great to hear that it hasn’t been too hard. I think eating out will be a challenge for me also. Good luck!
    First two days were pretty good. Stuck to 800 cals no problem. It helped being busy at work. I also try to hold off having breakfast until mid morning and that has made it easier for me. I’ve never really felt like eating first thing in the morning anyway and it means I’m kind of fasting for 14-16 hours.
    Have been for a run too – tried the HIT method from the book.
    I stood on the scales this morning. …holy moly! Down 2.3kg. I’m guessing it’s fluid, but even so. ..woohoo! Have you been tempted to stand on the scales yet?

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Wow well done Montie ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    I am too nervous to get on the scales yet, may leave it a couple more days.
    I’ve been doing weight training and surprised I haven’t had a dip in energy.
    I like a breakfast, but found it easy to put together three small heathy meals.
    Onwards and upwards for us both ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Yay! Done 5 days and have lost 4lbs!! Still finding it manageable and weight trained 4 times ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Montie71
    on

Great stuff LochWatcher! You must be pleased. Nice to see the scales reflect your efforts. As you said, ‘Onwards and upwards!’

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Seems both of you are doing well and making great progress – long my it continue!

• posted by Montie71
    on

Thanks SunnyB ๐Ÿ™‚
    One week down and 4kg gone. Haven’t exercised as much as I’d like to due to a few health issues. But pleased…very pleased with weight loss.
    I’ve even found it a bit of a struggle to finish my meals in the last day or so…I seem to be filled up on a lot less.
    So far so good!
    How did you go after your first week LochWatcher?

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Hi Montie
    Well done ๐Ÿ™‚
    Still doing well thanks! On holiday now so can’t weigh myself, but self catering to still stick to diet!
    I love this way of eating, best I have ever felt on a diet. Haven’t struggled to eat my food, but not feeling hungry! Amazing isn’t it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please log in or register to post a reply.